RC 11-Mar-18
Rut Nut 11-Mar-18
Rut Nut 11-Mar-18
Rut Nut 14-Mar-18
Rut Nut 15-Mar-18
05-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Just a heads up if you have a cabin in Pike Co. It is a disaster area with downed trees all over the place! Once all the (main)roads are cleared you MAY want to check on your cabin. Not sure what the S.F. roads are like, but if they are anything like our main roads, you may want to bring a chainsaw!

Down in the lower elevations of Milford, Dingman's Ferry and Marshall's creek it is not too bad. But as soon as you gain any elevation the mayhem starts! My buddy lives at 900' elevation and they got a foot of snow. We are at 1200' and got over 20" and another buddy who is closer to 1400' got 24". It was a heavy wet snow, with high wind which brought down MANY trees! I was out of town at the time and when I returned 1am Sunday morning I had to try 4 different routes to make it from Milford up to my home just north and west of town.(due to road closures) And the roads that were open were not good at all! They are STILL bad as evidenced by this pic I took on the way to work this morning!

05-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here is another

05-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
This was coming back from Walmart last night on the same road. Be warned, there are spots on a lot of the roads where it will go from 2 lanes down to one due to all the downed trees. I will not be taking this road again until it is totally cleared. I will drive 5 miles out of the way on a much safer road.

Just be prepared if you venture up this way. I expect it to be several weeks before things get back to normal.

05-Mar-18
Damn...

06-Mar-18
Yep! And could see another foot of snow tomorrow. Will just complicate snow removal, tree removal and power restoration. And I am hearing rumors of a "monster" storm on Sun/Mon. Tonight's project is building a weather proof shelter for my new generator! ;-)

06-Mar-18
Injuns didn't use generators:)

06-Mar-18
I knew that was coming......................................... ;-)

07-Mar-18
I wonder how smoke signals would translate here on the internet Roy?

07-Mar-18
Not sure most people can get a fire started in these conditions anyway. Another 8-12" of wet heavy snow today. Will put the chains on the F250 and try the SF roads this weekend. Need to check my Cabin. Hopefully the SF Rangers ran the Snow-cat & Grooming sled down the road for the snowmobilers

07-Mar-18
Thanks for the heads up Perry, we are at 1,400 ft. I may take a drive with the family on Saturday to check depending on how we do with the snow today here.

07-Mar-18
My Co-worker's buddy tried to Snowmobile on Sunday in the State Forest and could not get anywhere due to the volume of trees down.

Let's be positive, there will be plenty of available firewood in the spring :) And possibly help the Grouse population with all the new available browse

10-Mar-18
No problem guys, I knew you might have no idea how bad it was up here! You go down towards Stroudsburg or over into NJ or Ny and just 20 miles it is a different world.

Hope you guys don’t have damage and can make it to your cabins! Let us know how you make out.

We just got power back in our development at 5 pm yesterday! That was 7 days and 7 hrs w/out power. Needless to say, it was a looooong week! ;-)

10-Mar-18
That's a long time without power, Perry.

We've had a generator for 20 years, just got a newer bigger one 2 years ago.

Love my generator.

10-Mar-18
Save your Clarion county venison I hope?

10-Mar-18
Yeah Roy, we LOVE our new generator! ;-)

Yes Art! Clarion, AND Pike Co. venison saved! Mission accomplished! : )

10-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Lots of firewood Bob! It was amazing..........not just one tree across the road. It was 2, 3 or more. And then 100 or 200 yds down the road another 2 or 3 trees!

10-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
And abandoned 4x4’s

11-Mar-18
Perry, Thanks for the update. We had a second Heavy wet snowstorm on Wednesday that took down hundreds of trees in SE PA, including a mature Pin Oak in my backyard. That tree took out the power and the Verizon lines. So no power or Internet/TV.

I do have a Generator, so we survived. Power & Verizon lines just restrung this morning. Spent yesterday cutting up the tree so never got a chance to head up. Cutting up a few more today for neighbors so will not be up to cabin. Still getting calls from PPL, may not have power yet at the cabin. I am also @ 1400 ft, guessing snow depth is considerable.

11-Mar-18

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo

11-Mar-18

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Took the ride with my wife and kids yesterday. A couple of small trees blocking the driveway that I was able to cut away and very deep snow. Surprisingly the power was on and thankfully no damage to anything. We did see a lot of trees that had been cut. Thanks again for the heads up Perry, much appreciated. Ursus, I hope things are good with your cabin, we are at 1,400 ft and this was the snow depth on our deck.

11-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Oh geez! Sorry to hear that Bob! The second storm up here was a light and fluffy snow with very little wind, so not much more additional damage. Hope the cabin is OK. Power has been restored to most now, but the crews are still working in some areas. I came up a road today that obviously has been impassable since the original storm a week ago Friday.

11-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
This looks like a S.F. Road, but it is actually a 2 lane blacktop road. This stretch looked like a tornado went thru.

11-Mar-18

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Had to be hundreds of trees down in a quarter mile stretch

11-Mar-18
I've never seen such a dirty dash on a truck:)

Ya get a second job driving a garbage truck, Rutty?

11-Mar-18
LOL ROY! Yeah, gotta break out the Armorall! ;-)

11-Mar-18
Glad to hear your cabin was spared Tobywon!

14-Mar-18
Bob, Got good news for you. I was gonna drive by 5 mile meadow road on the way home from Promised Land tonight and give you a report on conditions. But the snow machines have really packed it down. The Subaru made it all the way to your place. Other than a small tree down in the driveway and some minor gutter damage in front from the thick layer of snow on roof everything looked good. If you PM me your cell # I’ll text you some pics. I must have lost it somehow when I got this new phone.

15-Mar-18
Perry sent PM.

Thanks for making the trip down the road and the good news

15-Mar-18
No problem Bob- glad I could do it!

• Sitka Gear