tompolaris 09-Mar-18
nehunter 09-Mar-18
spike78 10-Mar-18
spike78 10-Mar-18
Zack 10-Mar-18
Ace 10-Mar-18
09-Mar-18
The Apathy is strong here lately Pat.

If the HSUS Testimony doesn't get you to get involved, then there is truly no hope for hunting to survive. There is a guy testifying that he wants to Create Bear Tourism in CT. You just can't make this stuff up.

09-Mar-18
Just sent mine in....Ace, that testimony is disturbing.

My take on bear hunting in CT if this doesn't pass, eventually the bears will make that decision. Like the guy said, you cant keep kicking the can down the road. Eventually they will see that there will be no other option to control their population.

09-Mar-18
FWIW, sent a moment ago.

Honorable members of the Environment Committee,

Please support the following bills;

H.B. No. 5358 - (RAISED) AN ACT AUTHORIZING BLACK BEAR HUNTING IN LITCHFIELD COUNTY.

With an increasing population of bears in the state, the odds of more dangerous confrontations increases. As a hunter, I have seen bears in the woods who came towards me to investigate. A child who might run from them or move towards them, might look like easy prey. Now is the time to avoid such a situation.

H.B. No. 5366 - (RAISED) AN ACT AUTHORIZING SUNDAY BOW HUNTING OF DEER ON PRIVATE PROPERTY THROUGHOUT THE STATE.

The state is not short of deer anywhere. Why should Sunday be different in some parts of the state?

S.B. No. 348 - (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING NIGHT HUNTING OF COYOTES.

Coyotes are a predator that does not need a protection of limited hours to survive or proliferate.

09-Mar-18
Pat, MA does allow night hunting for coyote however the joke is on us. Have you ever tried hunting at night with no light (illegal)? Kind of funny as now it makes it so much easier to shoot someones dog as you cant id it. Liberal logic their for ya.

09-Mar-18
Just sent mine in. I would like to see the bear hunts in zones 1-3 but I'm not rocking the boat on this. Take it slow and hope.

09-Mar-18
Yes night vision is allowed. Only till midnight and shotgun and any rifle under a .22 . Guys use .205 and .17 after sunset (1/2 hour). Bait is legal too.

10-Mar-18
Pat yes you can however as much as I like coyote hunting I don't like it enough to spend that much money. Although I have thought about it.

10-Mar-18
Nehunter the law is pretty vague. It basically states specifically a .22lr meaning using a .17 or .204 could possibly be not allowed. It could be because the law was written before .17s became popular.

10-Mar-18
I didn't know about this till today. if the law would read the same as currant CT law on State Land .22 rimfire and smaller. so any rimfire with caliber under .22 allowed .17hmr, .17wsm, .22lr, .22wmr. I now carry a .22wmr Ruger single six revolver while scouting and hanging stands in CT State Forest

10-Mar-18
You can still submit written Testimony. It will become part of the record.

Looks good for the Sunday Hunting expansion.

• Sitka Gear