Contributors to this thread:
Grog 11-Mar-18
RobertFl 17-Mar-18
RobertFl 17-Mar-18
Grog 05-May-18
11-Mar-18

Grog's embedded Photo
Grog's embedded Photo
The last two years my son has missed family winter vacations to AZ/UT and Punta Cana due to playing high school hockey in MN...starting goal tender. So hockey is over and I have a business trip to FL on 4/23. So I'm taking a few days off prior to my trip to bring my son on a mini vacation. We plan on doing some fishing one day for some redfish but he also wanted to try to go hunting for a wild hog. We are heading down on 4/18 and will have a few days that we could try to hunt. So I started researching and it appears there are opportunities to hunt hogs on WMA's....however, we will be there during the last few days of turkey season and it appears no hog hunting during turkey season on WMA's. Appears our best option may be an outfitter/guide. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a guide service or places other than WMA's we could check out within an hour or so of Jacksonville. We could hunt turkeys but we do that hear in MN and he wanted to try something new. He'd like the hunt to be more like fair chase but several of the places look to be small acreage type game farms with all kinds of feeders and fences. Which might be fine for him to get a shot at one. If anyone has any experience with a guide or service for a nice bow hunting hog experience it would be appreciated.

17-Mar-18
"Under the Son" outfitters... I heard they are good, never hunted with them myself. I think they are SW of Jax towards Palatka

17-Mar-18
Grog, Somehow I got the name wrong... "Gods Country Outfitters" is the place SW of Jacksonville

05-May-18
Thanks Robert. We went with this outfitter. Didn't shoot a hog but had a great time anyway. Nice location and nice people!

• Sitka Gear