Moultrie Mobile
Flying to hunts
West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
Limbhanger 15-Mar-18
Lone Eagle 15-Mar-18
gobbler 15-Mar-18
15-Mar-18
Has anyone flew to a hunt? I would like to get as much info as possible. From bow case packing to did you bring game home on plane? How did you bring antlers/horns to capes home.

15-Mar-18
Sent you a PM , Mark.

15-Mar-18
It used to be easy, not so much anymore. Last 8-10 years I’ve been driving if at all possible. My wife and I drove to CO this past fall.

Where are u going and what are u hunting for would be helpful for answer. Getting an antelope home is a lot simpler than getting a moose home.

I wouldn’t trust my bow in anything less than an SKB or equivalent case. The last couple of hunts I’ve flown to I’ve left the animal with a local taxidermist to salt and dry hide and prepare skull and have it shipped back later . After almost losing a grizzly hide because it didn’t make it back with me I just don’t trust airlines with a trophy.

Again , depending on what you are hunting if you want a skull mount you almost have to leave it with a local taxidermist because it’s illegal to bring any brain or spinal column material across borders into WV if it’s a cervid.

• Sitka Gear