T ZEKE 19-Mar-18
Droptine10 19-Mar-18
Jdawg 22-Mar-18
Shawn 22-Mar-18
Shawn 22-Mar-18
Droptine10 25-Mar-18
spike78 26-Mar-18
15-Mar-18
This should be my last "ask what's good" topic, should be... I want to pick up a decent trail camera but want to hear some first hand experience on what's good. I was checking out Pats last review on a particular camera and decided to check feed back on Amazon. It sounded so so . What do you guys like ?.

16-Mar-18
I have run many brands of trail cams over the years. Currently I'm a big fan of Covert and Browning cams. I've had great luck with battery life and they have great pic quality and fast trigger speed, and quick recovery. I really think the browning cams have a lot going for them right now. Check into the browning Strike Force or Dark Ops. I'd steer away from the really cheap cams out on the market. You really do pay for what you get. Will this cam be for private or public land? Obviously on public, you run a higher risk of theft, so you might not want to break the bank if that's the case.

16-Mar-18
All depends on how much you want to spend?

16-Mar-18
X2 on what jman said. I have the Browning Dark Ops and Recon Force. Both work great and take excellent video with great battery life too.

16-Mar-18
I run Browning and Bushnell;like them both.The newest Bushnell is a 20mp and takes out-standing video's.It is literally like watching HD tv.Both are good on batteries(lithium).I like the low-glow cameras,the no glow have limited night time range but are better "security" type cameras or a spot you don't want them noticed by humans. Deer don't seem to notice either one but the coyotes sure pick off the low glows.

16-Mar-18
Jman22, it's private land, but in N.Y. that doesn't always mean much. I'm definitely going to check out the Brownings.

16-Mar-18
I have had several brands as well. I am impressed with browning as well and it's my go to camera.

16-Mar-18
Very true droptine. I've only lost one camera over the years on private, so I consider myself lucky. Keep us posted on your choice.

16-Mar-18
I hear you Pat, thanks for the response !.Sadly I fall into the "tecno impatient" crowd. Jman22, I did notice that Browning offers a security box for their cameras , that's a plus.

18-Mar-18
My buddy also swears by his Browning cameras, I have no experience with them but might try one. I have been using Bushnells for about seven years. They are decent cameras but only last a few years. I have owned about a dozen of them. Two were stolen, I have two that no longer work and one that works most of the time then gets funny at times. The technology keeps getting better so hopefully their lifespan will too.

19-Mar-18
I have used many different brands in search of the best one...sadly they ALL have "expiration dates" after 2 yrs( give or take)...they get goofy, or start and stop working for no reason..I generally now buy cameras which are 2nd yr markdowns for under 100 bucks. I have bought the over $100 cameras and have seen no advantage after the second year. ..hope info helps...Tom

19-Mar-18
Hmmm, that's not the best news but thanks for the input !.

22-Mar-18
If you want the specs, tests and reviews of just about all the trail cams out there go online and check out “Trail Cam Pro”........exhaustive reviews and testing with overall ratings. They give an extra year warranty if you. Up through them.

22-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Taken with a cheaper Primos trailcam. I would have to go pull it to know the exact name but got it on sale for like 69 bucks at Field and Stream. Long battery life and simple to use and takes great photos! Shawn

22-Mar-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Another from same camera. Shawn

25-Mar-18
Those are awesome pics Sean. How do those camera's work at night ?.

26-Mar-18
X2 what Pat said. Another common easy mistake is to point the cam in the direction the sun rises and sets. This will trigger the cam. Also some people do not know some cams require formatting the card. I don't know what the best cam is but the worst by far are Wildgame cams. I own a Bestguarder cam which is an unknown brand but I give it rave reviews.

• Sitka Gear