HDE 02-Apr-18
JB 02-Apr-18
smarba 02-Apr-18
splitlimb13 02-Apr-18
HDE 02-Apr-18
smarba 02-Apr-18
HDE 02-Apr-18
31-Mar-18
Hey all, wondering whats the best way to find NM landowners that will let me hunt an oryx on their land? Dont need a guide, but am willing to pay the landowner. Any help is appreciated.

01-Apr-18
As in off range in general or an OTC private land only?

01-Apr-18
Over the counter , private land only. Thanks for the response.

02-Apr-18
Next question: have you already bought the license?

As far as landowners go, maybe get on something like onXHunt to find landowners then use the yellow pages. NMDGF does not have a list of landowners anymore.

02-Apr-18
cool thanks. I bought the tag on an impulse buy. Dont live near where they are so figured Id have a tag when I go look for land owners. Ill let you know. Thanks again

02-Apr-18
Good luck. I think you'll have a tough time finding LO that will let you hunt private. Either they have few to no oryx and they'll not charge much; or they have plenty of oryx and they will charge a lot. That's my guess anyway.

I echo the suggestion of tracking down landowners and calling, but it might take a LOT of calls. Good luck.

02-Apr-18
There are LO that have good amounts of oryx on their property. As Carl mentioned you will be paying for it.

02-Apr-18
Watch out for those LO's who claim 50 sections, but only 1 or 2 are deeded and the other 48 or 49 are BLM graze lease...

02-Apr-18
No kidding HDE. It would not surprise me at all that LOs turn people loose on their "private" that is really BLM/State. I've heard it from elk hunters and I'm betting it goes on even more so for oryx and pronghorn.

02-Apr-18
It does. Have had LO's tell us that very thing while on an off range draw hunt they had at least that many acres and the map shows otherwise.

Think I'll trust the map...

• Sitka Gear