nehunter 14-Apr-18
Bigbuckbob 14-Apr-18
soapdish 15-Apr-18
Shawn 19-Apr-18
notme 19-Apr-18
DeerDan 19-Apr-18
spike78 19-Apr-18
11-Apr-18
Hey guys it's me Sry about the new name I couldn't get into my old account for the life of me. Who is getting ready for turkey season. Has anyone been out calling lately? Looking for any sign? Find any new spots?

11-Apr-18
No need to scout. I've got a few spots that always hold bird. Besides, I like a good walk in the woods while carrying my bow.

12-Apr-18
I’ve been out looking for new areas closer to you. Found lots of sign, just have to find when the birds come through. Toms are on the move this past week.....seen them all over the roads, including dead ones. So they are getting ready. The cold weather has them behind schedule....but that’s good for when our season starts.

12-Apr-18
Ah, turkey season!! Cool, cool mornings. Sun rises as the birds start to sound off on the roost. You run to get set up, get the decoy out, find a comfortable tree wide enough to keep your backside hidden, and then start some soft tree calls. Play the seductive game hoping a real hen doesn't intercept your prey. 8:30 - 9:00 am rolls around and the sun is warm on your face as you dose off into dreamland. You wake up suddenly to sound of tom gobbling 20 yards away and scream in terror not knowing where you are and why there are trees all around you. Can't focus your eyes as feathers and leaves go flying in the air. Good times.

12-Apr-18
Yes thinking about turkeys for a while now. Have many pictures of strutters on my trail cams. Shawn one of the no nos of a turkey hunter is to go out before the season and call to birds in a huntable area. If you need to practice your calling on real birds It’s best to go to an unhunt-able area such as a state park

12-Apr-18
Don't show that kind of stuff to the kids;)

14-Apr-18
Longbeard I'm done practicing.. I've given up..lol... even the state turkeys won't look my way.. wait.. no turkeys will look my way. Last year I seen two and both were hauling ass away from me..lol..maybe bloodtrail will take me out and show me how it's done!

14-Apr-18

Smoothdraw's Link
Try this turkey call!

14-Apr-18

nehunter 's embedded Photo
nehunter 's embedded Photo
Brother watched a Jake rape his decoy this morning. At least the little guy got his Rock's off.

14-Apr-18
My wife and I went for a ride yesterday to Litchfield and we drove by a yard that had four or five toms strutting and two or three hens. As we drove by I said to my wife there are some turkey's and she said they were lawn ornaments not real so I had to drive around and go back and show her that they were real. All adult toms, nice.

15-Apr-18
After a long and grueling process, my youngest has finally obtained his firearms Hunting license. He wants to hunt turkeys. So today we stop by to get permission and the landowner says, "there's 18 of them down there right now". Should be good, I've never really hunted them before, I heard it's awesome.

19-Apr-18
Good for him soap.. I've never had a turkey within a 100 yards of me so I can't tell you how fun it is..lol

19-Apr-18
Ive heard if its raining they try to drownd themselves,should be easy pickins then..lol

19-Apr-18
I have the best luck hunting them when its raining, brings them out in the open.

19-Apr-18
Soap, one good day and you will be hooked for life. I find them more exciting then deer most times.

• Sitka Gear