Zim 25-Oct-18
Newhunter1 21-Apr-20
zukebaby 22-Apr-20
Newhunter1 22-Apr-20
Zim 28-Apr-20
Newhunter1 30-Apr-20
18-Apr-18

Newhunter1's Link
So on Monday I was notified that I got drawn for Walker's island for October 8-14. I've ridden around the property and while a easy walk, it is relatively flat and mostly fields. Last year I hunted Bend Road and holy cow the number of deer and size of the bucks was just staggering. I've included a picture of you to see and where I am thinking about setting up a stand. I cannot set up a permanent stand and while I might have to use a ground blind, I've never been successful with a ground blind. I took a screenshot and put down potential stand sights, but I cannot post it. If someone could look over the property and let me know where I could hunt? the property extends all the way to Hwy 111. Thanks

03-Oct-18
Hey man I’m familiar with the area. Are you still needing help on stand/blind locations?

03-Oct-18
yes...I found a spot or two, but haven't been able to get back. I'll be up there this Sunday.

09-Oct-18
This place absolutely sucks!! The amount of people walking their dogs, riding bikes, and taking selfies is mind boggling. I scouted three different locations...set up on the edge of a bean field and saw zero deer and only a hand full of tracks. I'll try again this week when there isn't holiday traffic and the weather cools. Sweet lord, it was 88 degrees at 11:30!

11-Oct-18
If you want to know some spots call me. 618 6962703

13-Oct-18
Ridgehunter...my time is up. I hunted hard Monday and Tuesday but it was 88 degrees and about 10 people were walking around the trails with dogs. Didn't see anything. Then went again Thursday and tonight...didn't see anything but tracks. If I get drawn again next year...I'll call you.

14-Oct-18
Sounds good man

25-Oct-18
That sucks you got that heat for your week. But don't count of drawing often. I'm zero for 8 years down there.

21-Apr-20
Ridgehunter, is that option still open for you to help me get some spots. I got drawn for a hunt Oct 15-22.

22-Apr-20
Hey Newhunter1, I just got the letter I was drawn for Dec. 14-20. Maybe early August email me and we can meet out there to scout spots. My first time there too.

22-Apr-20
Sounds good...I'll probably bring my canoe and go to the southern end of the island.

28-Apr-20
This makes it a perfect ten years for me with no draw there. Good thing I've not wasted too much time scouting. Did draw Beaver Dam & Goode's Woods but I'll likely turn those back in if there's another travel ban.

30-Apr-20
I've drawn as an alternate for those places. Never made it to beaver or goode woods while trying to draw. Oh well.

• Sitka Gear