Jdawg 19-Apr-18
Behind the bow 20-Apr-18
Squash 20-Apr-18
Shawlerbrook 20-Apr-18
Denali 12-May-18
Arrownocker82 01-Aug-18
HDBOW 23-Aug-18
19-Apr-18
Hey guys, so I was just curious if anyone here has hunted Cicero Swamp at all? If so could you share how you had most success? I have been out scouting it a few times this spring and I plan to throw some hunts at it next year. I know it is a hard place to hunt, but I grew up hunting private land swamp terrain so it is familiar to me. Again, not looking for where you are hunting, but more so what kind of bucks have you heard or seen taken there as well as how you or anyone you know had success here? Any pics of deer taken would be awesome! Like I said, I know it is a hard place to hunt, but it is a local place that I have alway been interested in hunting and has plenty of room to hold some big bucks I think.

19-Apr-18
I would think it would be worth your while to give it a good hard scouting effort right now before greenup. Its got a long standing reputation for producing good bucks but is kinda daunting. I see a couple vehicles parked just off Rte 481 during deer season near those ponds which are visible from 481. Google maps doesn’t show any creeks or channels within it which if true, is too bad because a kayak or canoe and a climber could get you into action in there. Knew a guy once who saw nice while bow hunting off a field on Island Rd. Also i once saw a nice 140” 8 point in a taxidermist shop which the customer never returned to pick up. Shot in Cicero Swamp. If you’re out queasy about getting lost and are good with a GPS you should look into it.

19-Apr-18
I would think it would be worth your while to give it a good hard scouting effort right now before greenup. Its got a long standing reputation for producing good bucks but is kinda daunting. I see a couple vehicles parked just off Rte 481 during deer season near those ponds which are visible from 481. Google maps doesn’t show any creeks or channels within it which if true, is too bad because a kayak or canoe and a climber could get you into action in there. Knew a guy once who saw nice while bow hunting off a field on Island Rd. Also i once saw a nice 140” 8 point in a taxidermist shop which the customer never returned to pick up. Shot in Cicero Swamp. If you’re out queasy about getting lost and are good with a GPS you should look into it.

20-Apr-18
If you access the Swamp at the north east end I think its off Minoa Bridgeport Road you will notice a small water way that winds and forms a piece of land that looks like a boot, just northeast of that there are some agricultural fields which the deer hit hard in October that is the area you want to scout, the agg. fields are private but you need to scout the water way next to it to find where the deer are crossing into the Swamp, well worth your time to check it out, Be prepared because its thick in there.

20-Apr-18
And watch out for the rattlesnakes.

20-Apr-18
And the encephalitis carrying mosquitoes.

12-May-18
You will see some of the biggest Brown Water Snakes in the world. There is a ton of deer , but they are hard to get in a clear spot. Access is tough. Being right next to Syracuse, if you find a way in.......so have others. There are some good deer in there and Archery season can be good.

01-Aug-18
Any of you members of the Bridgeport Rod and Gun club? So I'm assuming there's access to it through their property? I looked on acrevalue.com and it looks like the R and G club property shares boundaries with the swamp ..?

23-Aug-18
I've accessed through Bridgeport when I lived in cicero. I was a club member for about 5 years. Thats a tough spot to access through but there are a ton of deer. Ive also gone in off of Island Rd and via the 481 side. It's big and a for real swamp. Find an island and sit it.

• Sitka Gear