does it help
Ohio
Contributors to this thread:
Flinttip 19-Apr-18
buc i 313 19-Apr-18
Lever Action 21-Apr-18
BOX CALL 21-Apr-18
19-Apr-18
I know you use different muscles when drawing a trad bow but does anyone think that occasional use of a trad help making you a better hunter with a compound. I like to use a recurve late season with snow on the ground. I think it makes me a better hunter. I will always use my compound but getting back to basics with a recurve is enjoyable

19-Apr-18
Don't know about making anyone a better hunter.

However I do understand the enjoyment of shooting a re-curve.

:^}

21-Apr-18
I would say yes, based on my own history and the history of others that I have known. My wife got a lot stronger over the years, as she stuck with the recurve. When she went back to a compound it was a cake walk for her. For myself, the act of hunting with a recurve educated me to be more successful in tighter conditions, which only helped in every aspect. I lot less wounds at 15 yards or less, as opposed to 30 yards or further.

21-Apr-18
I've been fiddling with a 45# frankenbow for awhile.not good enough to carry hunting.got a Jennings t- star and a Jennings split - t,and set them up.I'm back shooting where I started.rattle can camo coming.I've fell back into my nich.nothing wrong with recurves,just I not confident carrying one hunting.

• Sitka Gear