mrelite 20-Apr-18
priley 21-Apr-18
priley 21-Apr-18
splitlimb13 21-Apr-18
altitude sick 29-Apr-18
20-Apr-18
Unit 15 any help?

20-Apr-18
Guess I should have said second hunt. I’ve never been there other than driving by .

20-Apr-18
Tons of good elk country. Quality has gone down some over the past few years. Horse mountain , mangas,slaughter mesa,castle rock, all around quemado lake, Northeast of Luna and west of cruisville.... Wheeewww.. all those areas have great elk numbers. I'd say horse Mountain and south and west of the lake are where to find bigger bulls.

20-Apr-18
Dang split, wasn't it you talking about not posting specifics...horse mountain wont ever be the same, although you pretty much said most of the unit! LOL just poking ya

No real worries from me I don't hunt there anymore after my back country camera got stolen, they could have just looked at the pics and learned a bunch of info but nooo they had to take it from a fellow bow hunter, I know it was someone on the first hunt.....I'll never get over theft and I don't forget, I keep waiting for the day someone is talking about a camera they found with a whole lot of pics. I thought I would throw this out there incase any of you guys hear someone talking some day, after a few years criminals tend to slip.

21-Apr-18
Not untill we hear about the water drinking intruder

21-Apr-18
mrelite

I don't have any info for you. Sorry.

21-Apr-18
I'm sorry elite nothing but respect here my friend. I was just thinking if you can't beat em join em! Soon to come spread sheet of draw odds for every archery elk unit in NM for both archery seasons ;-)

29-Apr-18
Look for private land that has to allow the public on. The state provides a list of all privately owned land that the owner has to allow you to hunt. Unit 15 has a lot of it. We hunted all around and on a great ranch that had signs of no trespassing everywhere. If you didn’t have the list or maps you would have no idea that you could hunt it. In fact a 330”ish bull was being watched by guys that had no idea they could actually have hunted the land he was in. We of course didn’t say anything since we hunted that bull for days.

• Sitka Gear