Hoot 21-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 21-Apr-18
Lefty 21-Apr-18
Missouribreaks 21-Apr-18
Pete-pec 21-Apr-18
South Farm 23-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 23-Apr-18
21-Apr-18
This has been another interesting week. I started a thread “How Old are You?” I did that because I was trying to see if I could better understand why there is so much hostility on the Wisconsin forum between hunters. I was also snow bound with too much time on my hands. I mentioned in that thread that I am a regular reader of Bowsite. It’s one of the first things I read every day. This last week concerns me. Hunters are fighting with hunters. If the Anti’s read this bickering, they must feel pretty confident that they don’t need to destroy us....we will do it to ourselves. So here’s what I learned from reading Bowsite this week. We hunters are not helping our sport. Many on the Wisconsin forum have either forgotten or were not around when compound bows were introduced. That was as contentious an issue as the present one. That is not a knock on anyone. It is just the reality that we all come from different backgrounds. We old guys have seen a lot in our years as hunters. The younger guys are as passionate about their sport as ever. The old guys have to remember what we were like when we were young, and the young guys have to remember that some day you too will be one of the old guys. I learned that there are a few that think they speak for all of us....That has never been true.....no matter what side you may be on...and that is not a knock on anyone either. That is just the passion and emotion that hunters possess. I have learned that there is not a response that was written on present day issues this last week that will please everyone.

I wish you all well. Grape....grape...

21-Apr-18

21-Apr-18
I quit even opening any of the xbow threads. If things are not all hashed out in the first 50 or so posts of any topic then the rest are just the same old, same old leftover words over and over. Too contentious and yes, depressing too. Just keep in mind that there are a people posting pro crossbow that are from inside and out of state (way more out of state than I am) and are are probably affiliated with manufacturing or selling xbows, components, and accessories. They have huge financial stakes in this. Politics are also involved and nothing attracts disagreements more than politics.

21-Apr-18
Looks like the snowflake boys are waking up today. Toughen up guys its just the internet. Yes the anti's are all sitting in a underground bunker monitoring Bowsite and high fivin each other because they just took down the entire hunting structure. Complete idiocy.

21-Apr-18
Just the reality of it all!

21-Apr-18
Well Grape. I may be one of the old guys, but not too old at 50, to remember being young. I get it. I hear what you're saying, because I read the words. I think in the archery world there are two ruts. One rut lasts a few weeks, and we sit in the woods. The other rut lasts 9 months and we sit on the computer. In life I'm very picky about the people I associate with. I have no issue being around people who disagree with me. I expect that. I encourage that, because it makes you think. However, I cannot converse with narrow minded people. I find this method of avoidance the easiest method. They might feel like they won. You might have the urge to reply. When a discussion, becomes a fight, or names are called, either you or they are not listening. You are so correct. Never will all people agree on things. Perspective is a real personal thing.

23-Apr-18
I blame it all on the disappearance of the mom and pop bakeries/coffee shops. In the old days we'd gather there and pound out the issues, and if someone said something we didn't like we could get up and head off home, berate them a little in jest, or better yet make 'em pick up the tab! Here you just go around and round trying to win, like you get some kind of vindication medal for being right. I suspect we'd get along more if we could see one another and enjoy a little coffee face to face. Til then we all just get carpal tunnel hen pecking our points. Me included..

23-Apr-18
ditto what south farm said

• Sitka Gear