MF 23-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 23-Apr-18
RutnStrut 23-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 23-Apr-18
Jeff in MN 24-Apr-18
Upnorth 24-Apr-18
Tweed 24-Apr-18
23-Apr-18
Anyone interested in a whitetail bow hunt trip to Kansas? Last time I was there Nov 7 to the 24th. I left a little early due to some heavy snow that was coming. It could involve missing Wisconsin gun season, unless we/you tag out early. I will answer some questions in this thread but some details will only be discussed in PMs and only if you are seriously interested and your family has already said OK. Last time we stayed in a cabin at a campground smack in the middle of where we hunted. You must have a clean record to get permission to hunt much of the area we would be hunting if we draw. A manditory 'scouting trip' is also a requirement to get permission on much of the area we would hunt. Just to be up front, I have not totally decided if I will apply for this year or go for a preference point. But the application period ends on APRIL 27!

23-Apr-18
One more thing, odds of drawing this unit without preference points are good but not a sure thing.

23-Apr-18
My wife's cousin hunted there for several years...they killed some real beasts!

23-Apr-18
There is a guide service in the area and I saw a nice buck getting skinned when I drove by one time so I stopped. There are some real monsters mounted inside their 'lodge'. One client I talked to said he was given a game cam pic of a really nice buck in the area he was hunting and was told under no circumstance was he to shoot that buck. Presumably it was being saved for someone with big money to spend.

23-Apr-18

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Some Pics from last trip there. Good chance you will see yote in range. They usually move thru so fast you don't have time to be ready without spooking them. This one came in fast but was distracted by a squirrel that was warning his buddies and he stopped to look toward the squirrel in just the right spot for about a 15 yard shot. What you see is the exit hole from a thunderhead. He died right where he was standing, in fact the shaft kind of held him right there for the couple of seconds he lived.

23-Apr-18
Those damn Guides....

23-Apr-18

This pic is from two trips ago, shot my buck from this stand. The locals that put me onto this spot had taken several nice bucks from darn close to and from this specific stand in previous years.

Grouse are also a strong possibility, I never specifically hunted them.

23-Apr-18
Jeff, I would definitely be interested for next year if you go. I have a ton of stuff going on this fall.

23-Apr-18
Put it on your calendar to check with me in early April or sooner. We have not been going every year but it wouldn't take much arm twisting to 'make me' go again that soon.

24-Apr-18
Well, the guy that I went with the last two times and I are going to apply tomorrow. A third is still a possibility if anyone is interested.

24-Apr-18

Upnorth's embedded Photo
Train Wreck
Upnorth's embedded Photo
Train Wreck
Upnorth's embedded Photo
Upnorth's embedded Photo

24-Apr-18
On no.... Upper case Upnorth is back.

• Sitka Gear