Dmac 08-Jun-18
Paul@thefort 16-Jun-18
Dmac 17-Jun-18
turkulese 18-Jul-18
Dmac 19-Jul-18
24-Apr-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Wanted to share my Hay Bale Blind Build - looking forward to seeing how it does !

24-Apr-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Will have to download Picts from computer looks like

24-Apr-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Will be adding plastic and curlex later this week .

24-Apr-18
Darin, Looks good! Please show us all the pics. clear thru completion and if you don't mind how much you have in it when complete.

24-Apr-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
A lot of the material was from work. I gathered up pallets , scrap wood and 2x4’s . Had some OSB at home .bought 2-cattle panels from Tractor supply along with the screws and hardware . It will be heavy when I’m done but I plan on pulling it off trailer and leaving it in one spot . I should have less than 120.00 when finished .

25-Apr-18
I haven't looked at it, but the widow I'm helping says she has all the parts for a hay bale blind, just needs put together. Any interest near Fredonia, KS?

25-Apr-18
I've been meaning to make one for several years now. Don't forget the plastic wrap under the burlap to make it waterproof. Probably would help With scent control as well

25-Apr-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
That’s correct I have a roll of black 5 ml plastic and have access to several rolls of curlex. Will either complete the blind and haul in an enclosed trailer or wrap it real good with tarp to keep the erosion matting from blowing off . Will begin painting and finishing inside tomorrow

26-Apr-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Did a little painting and got my windows built today

25-May-18
Pretty cool blind.

30-May-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Thanks going to wrap it up this week . Put some finishing touches on the inside .

30-May-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Have really enjoyed building this blind . Did a image transfer picture on one of the boards inside . Picture was taken in Missouri a few years back . I convinced the wife that it would be fun to go there . The hard part was the 13 hour drive and -10 degree weather ! Got to love it

31-May-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Got the curled stapled on today

01-Jun-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Blind is complete !

01-Jun-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Windows closed

01-Jun-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Inside of the Booner Box ! Lol

03-Jun-18
Looks great Darin! I’m curious if there is a reason why you have an overhang on the ends of the blind instead of them being flush? Easier to build that way? More weather proof over the door?

I like “the booner box” name! We have one the my wife calls “the rut hut”. I’m not allowed to share pics though ;-)

03-Jun-18
Turned out nice

05-Jun-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Thanks , the overhang was to help in providing a little protection from the rain , plus I didn’t want to cut the cattle panels . The blind was also build to fit onto my small utility trailer . I still have to cover the ends with curlex . Will wrap it up with plastic and then tarp it for the 4 hr drive to lease . I hope the curlex stays! If not I have another roll , but I would like to just unwrap and unload it .

08-Jun-18

Dmac's embedded Photo
Dmac's embedded Photo
Wrapped up and ready for Drive up north !

16-Jun-18
Fun project for sure. Paul

16-Jun-18
Looks great! GL.

17-Jun-18
Thank you , a little heavier than I expected but I don’t plan on moving it . Just going to drag it off trailer .

18-Jul-18
Looks great...looks like you took your time. I just built one this past winter and have been repairing/improving a 10 year old hay bale blind this past week. I’ll be curious if you like having the wooden floor, both of mine are open on the bottom.

Curious, where did you get your curlex? What type is it?

19-Jul-18
Thanks, I went with wooden floor with carpet . I wanted it to be sturdy and stable. It will be a permanent set up . My wife is a bit squimish about bugs,ticks, and spiders ! I tried to make it as comfortable and appealing as I could . I even have her a portable potty ! Nothing worse than to hear those 3 words I GOTTA PEE !

• Sitka Gear