Moultrie Mobile
In case you need a break from arguing...
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
GF 26-Apr-18
bigbuckbob 26-Apr-18
SILVERADO 26-Apr-18
GF 26-Apr-18
GF 27-Apr-18
26-Apr-18
Just FYI ...

April is drawing to a close, which means that there will be an open shoot on Sunday, 29th.

ALL vertical bows are welcome to enjoy 40-odd 3D targets including a good number of novelty shots which are still up from the Trad-only shoot at the start of the month. This is their Last Hurrah ‘til September or so.

Too, this is a great opportunity for all you back-yard shooters to really air one out. Plenty of stakes out at 60-90 yards to see what you’ve got...

Hope to see you there. Admission includes lunch.

FAIR WARNING: the running boar and running deer targets are NOT compound friendly. They’re cheapies that were too light to get moving, so those were brought up to a suitable weight by strapping a brick or two to the off side. If you score a solid hit, those things could cost you an arrow!

26-Apr-18
OK, but where is it being held? How much is it?

26-Apr-18
I was thinking the same. Lol

26-Apr-18
Stupid Phone! I remembered typing in Cos Cob Archers, but that must've been when I looked up the site and double-checked the calendar to make sure I wasn't broadcasting misinformation....

So yep, CCA down in Lovely SW Fairfield County, about 45 minutes from Grand Central on an express... Exit 4 or 5 off of 95 and the Den Rd exit off of the Merritt/Hutch.

27-Apr-18
Looks like there's also a shoot in Guilford, so pick whichever one is closest or sounds more interesting to you...

Details from CCA Site:

CCA Open Shoots are open to the public and are held the last Sunday of every month from March through November.

40+ 3d targets!

Time: begins at 8am; Last registration 11am; course closes at 1pm for non-members.

Check CCA website Calendar to verify date!

Fee schedule as follows: Non-members $20, $5 for kids under 16 accompanied by a paying adult, $10 for non-shooting adults, $50 maximum per family. Free for members, $10 for guests of members.

Lunch is included.

Guest bows and arrows for all ages are available. Lost or broken arrows – $5 Drivers License held for archery gear while on course

• Sitka Gear