Question About Turkey Hunting
Connecticut
Contributors to this thread:
SixLomaz 06-May-18
SixLomaz 06-May-18
HolePuncher 06-May-18
SixLomaz 06-May-18
06-May-18
Is Sunday turkey bowhunting allowed on private property? Other that 1/2 hour before sunrise to 12 noon I cannot find any reference to the week days in the 2018 hunting and trapping guide except for Junior hunter training days.

"Junior Turkey Hunter Training Days - Saturday, April 14, through Saturday, April 21 (excluding Sunday)"

06-May-18
I think I found something. Can anyone confirm that Sunday turkey bowhunting is not allowed in CT? Thank you.

"Sunday Hunting - Possession of hunting implements in the open on Sunday is prima facie evidence of violation (except for archery deer hunters on private land in designated Deer Management Zones). Sunday hunting is allowed on licensed private shooting preserves and regulated dog training areas when the operator has permission from the town. Hunting may also take place on Sunday at permitted field trial events. Archery deer hunters (including landowners hunting with a bow during the Free Landowner Deer Season) can hunt on Sundays on private land only in all Deer Management Zones except 2, 3, and 4A (zone map). All archery deer hunting on Sundays must take place at least 40 yards away from blazed hiking trails."

06-May-18
the only hunting you can do on sunday is private land archery deer hunting (except zones 2, 3, 4a). im in zone 2 and work during week days, so this rule cuts my hunting opportunities in half. At this very moment i am staring into the woods behind my house wishing i was out calling in a big strutter.

06-May-18
Turkeys must have political swag since they are more protected than deer. Thank you for your answers.

• Sitka Gear