hookman 09-May-18
David Mitchell 10-May-18
Babysaph 10-May-18
JayD 10-May-18
Fnshtr 10-May-18
David Mitchell 10-May-18
babysaph 10-May-18
06-May-18
Lol. Not even sure what to call them but my buddies at a bowshoot today said they have this gun with what must me an air cartridge on it that shoots an arrow. In fact they tell me some states may be introducing them in the bow season. Anyone know anything about them?

06-May-18

Jim Casto Jr's Link
https://youtu.be/dwqMkjYjmtw

07-May-18
I saw a video of Jim Shockey killing a bison with one. He couldn't believe the performance.

07-May-18
So how long before we can use one in WV?

07-May-18
Great! (Spoken with an eye roll.). ??

07-May-18
I remember the eye rolls when they talked about a crossbow in the bow seasons.,

07-May-18
Yep, I remember making a donation so I could throw one of them against a tree. :>)

08-May-18
Just remember guys, money talks loud when it comes to things like that. I'm not surprised at anything they let into "our" season any more.

09-May-18
I agree Dave. I guarantee it will be allowed eventually. I heard a gur say the other day he was too handicapped to pull his crossbow back and cock it. That is pathetic

09-May-18
I just went to an IBO shoot a couple weeks ago and there were 4 crossbow shooters in front of us and according to them they all had injuries that prevented them from shooting anything else. After a 4 1/2 mile hike up and down hills they seemed in very good shape lugging those heavy crossbows to be in such bad shape. Lol

10-May-18
Guys, read the newest issue of the Bowhunters Voice to see what effect the crossbows have already had on the deer kill. They now take more deer than what they have started calling "vertical bows" after only three years. Other states are experiencing the same results. The article shows that the increase is not due to the recruitment of new hunters but to guys throwing down their "vertical bows" for the easier crossgun. Of course, we knew that would happen. The big money and "easier" mentality seems to win out every time.

10-May-18
Dave you are right. I have heard guys at the ole store in Pendleton County that never ever bowhunted before tell me they started bowhunting as soon as the crossbows were passed. I remember back years ago the WVBA and PBS were dead set against crossbows and fought them tooth and nail. The crossbow dealers got their foot in the door and look what happened. Guys laugh at the airgun but it will happen as well. Thank God I have enough land to hunt on that I don't have to deal with that stuff. It is laughable what some people need to kill a deer with.

10-May-18
Well I am still holding out hope that we have good people in the DNR that if they feel the need to shorten Crossbow season they will and it should not affect bow season the way things are setup.

10-May-18
JayD: I hope you’re right!

10-May-18
JayD, I think it was good that they created a "crossbow season" even though presently it runs concurrently with archery season. As I understand it, that makes it possible to fine tune the seasons if need be.

10-May-18
Where do you think the airbag season will fall?

• Sitka Gear