Wibowhunter25 11-May-18
sharpspur@home 11-May-18
grindersonly 11-May-18
RutnStrut 12-May-18
Ridge Runner 12-May-18
ground hunter 22-May-18
Cheesehead Mike 23-May-18
11-May-18
What are you seeing/hearing this week? How are conditions? What is working?

11-May-18

Wibowhunter25's embedded Photo
Wibowhunter25's embedded Photo
Still gobbleing around me. Turkeys seem to be responding better for me by staying aggressive. Good luck

11-May-18
Not very active on Wednesday in the rain. Had two gobblers working but wouldn't finish in recurve range. Pretty much same story for me on Thursday. Lot more activity though. Good gobbling throughout the day. Had multiple toms at 20-30 yards. I had two separate groups of four toms together, just not close enough for my traditional bow.

These were zone 1 birds in the ridges and valleys La Crosse and Monroe Counties. All private land.

11-May-18
killed a tom Wednesday morning zone 4 public land. had 2 come in to the decoys but hang up at 30 yards, took one with the shotgun, nice 3 yr old. they only gobbled twice all morning. Thursday morning hunted more public in zone 4 and set up on 3 toms gobbling on the roost. got within 100 yards of them and they flew down and went the other way.

12-May-18
Hunted private land in zone 4 today with the bow. Worked a tom for 3 hours this morning but could never get him in bow range. He gobbled a lot and responded well to calls but would never come closer than 35 yards.

12-May-18
22lb, 9 in beard this morning Lots of gobbling .Had to work 2 toms for about an hr before they committed Lots of fun

22-May-18
nice week to hunt,,,, looking to kill a really big bird,,, passed on jakes,,,, tonight had a big boy in, at 73 yards,,,, saw 9 hens,,,, put the big boy to bed,,,,,, will I hunt him in the am, no, late afternoons now, private land, do not want him spooked

no dekes, just small chair and long bow, and gullie suit, could have shot 3 deer tonight....my new guile is 3/4 length that is light weight, and my chair weighs under 2lbs,,,,, setting up in scouted areas,,,,,, seen a lot of birds so far, in areas, that a few weeks ago, seemed everyone said, they were not around.....

love hunting late seasons............. got another tag for the last week here,,,, lots of fun

23-May-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Just had knee surgery on the 14th so wasn't too mobile yet but I went out on my back 40 on the 19th and shotgunned this Jake to death. I called him and his brother in to 15 yards and wish I would have had my bow instead; I might have been able to pull it off...

Got a tag for this season too and might give it another try.

Been thinking about getting a ghillie suit too...

• Sitka Gear