11-May-18
https://www.herminiegunclub.com

Upcoming events.

Thanks

11-May-18

RC's Link

11-May-18
3rd ANNUAL HERMINIE #2

TRADITIONAL ARCHERY WEEKEND Hosted by: Herminie #2 Game Assoc. Located at: 219 Cody Rd., Herminie, Pa. 15637 ********************************************************** Dates: June 9th & 10th 30+ 3D TARGET COURSE ********************************************************** 2ND ANNUAL BLOCK SHOOT(competition) Shooter must qualify Saturday to shoot Sunday Sign in: 8:00-9:00 am Competition starts @ 9:30 Must use Judo points, rubber blunts or similar. Max diameter of point is 1 1/8 inches. Maximum shot distance will be 25 yards.

The course will be 20 targets and will consist of 2D targets. Classes will be mens barebow, womens barebow, and youth barebow. No sights, releases, binoculars or range finders. Free primitive camping beginning Fri. The 3D course opens Friday evening.

Kitchen: All day Saturday. Spaghetti Dinner Saturday. Breakfast and lunch Sunday.?

Cost will be $20 dollars for the weekend and youth 12 and under are free.?

For more info contact: Bob Hildenbrand at 724-446-9384 or [email protected].

2018 3D ARCHERY SCHEDULE Location: 219 CODY ROAD, HERMINIE, PA 15637 April 15th......REGULAR SHOOT MAY 6th ...REGULAR SHOOT JUNE 9TH &10th...TRADITIONAL WEEKEND [BLOCK SHOOT] JULY 8th...REGULAR SHOOT AUGUST 12th...REGULAR SHOOT SEPT. 1ST (SAT.)...REGULAR SHOOT DECEMBER 30TH...TRADITIONAL SHOOT 30 TARGETS..MOSTLY RHINEHART @ BOWHUNTER FREINDLY DISTANCES With the exception of the Traditional shoot in June, shoots will start at 8:00AM run till 1:00PM.

SHOOT FEES: 12 AND UNDER FREE, 13 - 16 ($5.00), over 16 ($10.00)

NOTE: Crossbows Permitted...($12.00) regardless of user's age.

***********************PLEASE, NO BINOCULARS*************************** FOR MORE INFO CONTACT: BOB HILDENBRAND (724) 446-9384 EMAIL: [email protected] CHRIS DUNN (412) 874-9651

11-May-18
Planning on Fri - Sun camping. Can't wait.

15-May-18
Ryan and I will be there

26-May-18

duvall's embedded Photo
duvall's embedded Photo
I'm planning on bringing the kids over. they helped me build their new longbows and are ready to go

04-Jun-18
Camping will be open Friday morning and the 3D course (38 targets) and practice range will open at noon.

Spaghetti dinner will be at 6:00 pm Saturday.

We will be raffling off a "Woodshed" custom bow as well as a custom knife from "Birdog Forge"

And the Herminie turkey shoot will be going on all weekend with the winner receiving 1/2 of the $$$ taken in for the turkey shoot.

04-Jun-18
This is turning into a great weekend!

See youze guys Friday afternoon.

05-Jun-18

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

06-Jun-18
Bob: I just finished typing this to the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" Facebook page, announcing your event. The Facebook posting directs folks to this thread, or to your contact info, should anyone have any questions or need info. I'm doing what I can (based on what's going on here at home) to make it over WHENEVER I CAN!

Here's our Facebook post:

"Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" would like to let the Traditional Archery community know about a pretty good event taking place THIS WEEKEND, June 9-10, 2018!!

What is it, you ask? It's the "3rd ANNUAL TRADITIONAL ARCHERY WEEKEND", as hosted by our friends at the "Herminie #2 Game Association"!!

Located at 219 Cody Road, Herminie, PA 15637, this event features just what the Traditional Archer needs to start their summer, while taking place on a location ideally suited for Traditional Archery.

The first main event will be an ongoing, weekend long 38 target 3D course, covering all kinds of Southwestern Pennsylvania territory.

The second main event will be the "2nd Annual Block Shoot (Competition)", which you simply need to try to see how fun it is! To be "competitive" in this shoot, you must qualify Saturday to shoot on the Sunday final event. Sign-in for the block shoot is from 8 AM -9 AM Saturday, with the competition starting at 9:30 AM. Archers must use Judo points, rubber blunts, or similar-type points. Maximum diameter of the point can be no greater than 1 1/8 inches. And the maximum shot distance will be 25 yards. The Block Shoot course will consist of 20 "2D" targets set up over a typical Traditional Archery course.

Classes for the event will be: Men's Barebow, Women's Barebow, and Youth Barebow. (Please remember, though, that NO sights, releases, binoculars or range finders are permitted.)

So, now that you're thinking "Hey, this sounds pretty cool", here are the basic details:

*FREE PRIMITIVE CAMPING begins Friday morning, for those folks who'd like a good long weekend.

*The ongoing 38 target 3D course, and the practice range, opens Friday at noon.

*Kitchen amenities: open all day Saturday. Breakfast and lunch will be available Sunday.

*A Spaghetti Dinner will be at 6 PM Saturday evening.

*A raffle for a "Woodshed" Custom Bow, as well as a custom knife from "Birdog Forge", will take place during the weekend.

*And the "Herminie Turkey Shoot" will be going on all weekend, with the winner receiving 1/2 of the $$$ taken in for the turkey shoot.

*Cost: $20 dollars for the weekend! Youth 12 and under are free!

Facebook Friends, this event is being organized by a good friend of "Strictly Sticks", Bob Hildenbrand, who's helped "Sticks" over many, many years, through his leadership and continued participation.

He's "Herminie #2's" contact person for this "3rd ANNUAL TRADITIONAL ARCHERY WEEKEND", and can be reached at: 724-446-9384, or at [email protected] if you need more info or details. Give him a shout, or post a question TO THE BOWSITE thread, if you need any more info!!

What a great way to start the Summer, with good friends and the bow and arrow.....TRADITIONALLY!!

07-Jun-18
Thanks, Randy.

07-Jun-18
As usual...Harry comes through again. Tanks brodder.

07-Jun-18
Everyone in the tribe has their skill.

08-Jun-18
Great job Randy

09-Jun-18
Just got home from the shoot. Great time and great people. Wish I could have shot better but it was all good. Thanks to everyone

09-Jun-18
Best campfire I've been to in a long while. Best spaghetti dinner I've had in a long time. Only there for a short while yesterday and today, but just what I needed to keep the Traditional spirit going.

THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE CREW OF HERMINIE #2!!! GREAT JOB!!

10-Jun-18
Chris won the new bow raffle.

Course was awesome.

Thanks guys.

10-Jun-18
This shoot has quickly become one of my favorites. It all starts with good friendly people running things. A big THANK YOU to the crew!

10-Jun-18
Thanks Bob and the crew. Great course,food and hospitality. Really had a good time yesterday! Thanks again.

10-Jun-18

duvall's embedded Photo
duvall's embedded Photo
took the kiddos out Friday before heading to deep creek for the next week. got caught in the rain but they had a really good time. I had a good golf game...cane out with more arrows for the lost and found table than I started with lol. great shoot

11-Jun-18
Hey all. Just a note of thanks to everyone who supported our shoot this weekend. As usual, we got rain, and yet it was a really good weekend. First off we got to sing Happy Birthday to the old coot and one of the best friends a person could have.....RC:^) The Block shoot had our toughest competition yet. The winners were....Red Beastmaster(Dave Lohr) in the men's div., Tammy Berkstresser in the women's division, and Tyler Held(Hawkeye in Pa. aka Jeff Fricks grandson) who won the youth division. Again...thanks to all.

11-Jun-18
Enjoyed the shoot, thanks goes out to the crew and cooks.

• Sitka Gear