bigbuckbob 14-May-18
bb 15-May-18
Shawn 15-May-18
tobywon 15-May-18
Will 16-May-18
N8tureBoy 16-May-18
Shawn 18-May-18
13-May-18
Today, in Colorado a 5yr old girl was taken from her backyard by a black bear. The girl will be OK as the mother ran out screaming at the bear after she heard her daughter screaming. The bear has not been caught and will be put down if he is. Is it going to take something like this happening in CT for us to open up a season? Only time will tell.

13-May-18
Not if we yell and bang pots and pans..

13-May-18
Glad she is ok

14-May-18
Glad she is okay as well, but don't leave the important part of the story out. The 5 year old went outside by herself at 2:30 AM after hearing noises. Its not like she was out on the swing set mid-afternoon.

14-May-18
WHAT!! Outside at 2am?? Parents were probably high smoking pot and didn't know what was going on.

15-May-18
Or more likely, they could have been sleeping.

15-May-18
Oh my word.. of course they leave out that part. I watched it on the news and of course there was no mention of her being outside at 3 at night..jeez.. what do you expect??

15-May-18
I thought the same thing Shawn. I initially heard it on the news and there was no mention of the time except that it happened in the early morning, she heard a noise outside, and was being dragged away. So last thing you think about is 2 am. The TV news did a terrible job reporting. I read an article online to see how she was doing and saw it was at 2 am. Not sure what the parents were doing, but luckily they heard her scream otherwise it would have been much worse.

16-May-18
Wholly cow... My kids wouldnt wake up if a plane crashed in the yard at 2:30AM. I guess I dont have to worry about this situation.

Horrible regardless...

16-May-18

N8tureBoy's Link
The plot thickens... Sounds like the girl was camping in her yard by herself and didn't go out to look for her dog. If she is like most kids, she probably had a ton of snacks in the tent with her. Not sure why the parents changed their story.

18-May-18
Usually when people change there story it's for one reason only.. lie.. something else is probably going on that we don't know about.

• Sitka Gear