Konk1 16-May-18
ground hunter 17-May-18
Bman 18-May-18
Deerplotter 31-May-18
stagetek 01-Jun-18
ground hunter 01-Jun-18
Hoot 07-Dec-22
14-May-18
Does anyone here spray/fog for mosquitos? What has worked the best?

I don't mind the occasional skeeter but I don't like being swarmed. It makes it nearly impossible to get anything done outside while up north.

14-May-18
Tweed, I am fortunate enough to have my home located in the middle of the woods. The previous owner tipped me off to a product called "Talstar". I mix the liquid with water at a rate of 1 oz per gal. I purchased a 4 gal back pack sprayer. I start by spraying the perimeter of my house, keeps spiders away, then walk in around the house slowly moving further and further out. I also spray around our fire pit and fire wood. We have a couple of small decorative ponds, mosquito breeding grounds, and I spray heavily around those. The product is pet and kid friendly once it has dried. It keeps mosquitos and flies away for months. I can go about 2 months between application. I get Talstar from a website called Do it yourself pest control. 3 yrs ago I purchased the 96 oz bottle and I still have 1/2 of the bottle left. I think it even works on Japanese beetles. Best of luck.

14-May-18
Thanks!

14-May-18
Excellent info. Thank you.

15-May-18
Thanks for the tip maxrax

15-May-18
No problem, below is a quote from the manufacture. The stuff works awesome. I should buy stock in the company....Enjoy your summer again.

From the Manufacturer

Talstar Pro also known as Talstar Professional, Pro for short (Formally known as Talstar One) Multi-Insecticide with bifenthrin is one of the most trusted and widely-used insecticides by pest control professionals today. The name Talstar Pro/Talstar One means one professional solution for everything: Talstar kills over 75 insect pests and can be used for indoor pest control, outdoor pest control, food handling areas, turf and ornamental treatments and even for termite control! Talstar has a long residual, so it keeps on killing pests for over three months after you've sprayed it. Plus, Talstar Pro is odorless, dries clear, leaves no stains, is non-irritating to the skin, and won't break down easily with rainfall. For termites, ants, mosquitoes, roaches, beetles, spiders, and everything in-between, Talstar is simply fantastic. 1 Qt. concentrate yields 32-96 finished gallons. Application of Talstar Pro requires a 1 gallon sprayer. Talstar Pro can last up to 3 months. It is very effective on Japanese Beetles, clover mites ants, termites, fleas, ticks, spiders, scorpions, roaches, millipedes, earwigs, army worms, mealybugs, mites, grasshoppers, pillbugs, cutworms, sod webworms, weevils, leaf miners, box elder bugs, bees, wasps, sowbugs, crickets, and turf and ornamental pests.

15-May-18
Ordered the 3/4 gallon size yesterday. Free shipping to boot !

15-May-18
Talstar is the way to go, only dont fog, you need a mister set up like a pack sprayer. We spray our archery club once a week, works awesome. We have open shoots in the summer every week, and it makes it bearable . Otherwise, you cant step out of the vehicle.

15-May-18
How is it on trees and flowers?

16-May-18
No affect, it is not a chemical like deet. I wish it would kill garlic mustard, that would be a nice bonus.

16-May-18
So what is the range of this stuff, meaning how far out from my deck up north would I have to spray to keep the skeeters away. I would say there's 20' from the deck to the woods. Thanks

17-May-18
I have a fogger, powered by propane, when things get bad at the cabin, with deer flies etc, it gets used,,,,, Its a wasteland out there, after I am done, for bugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

18-May-18
I use a stihl sr420 blower /mister mounted on the back of my atv. Been using Bifen I/T from the same place mentioned at the same ratio mentioned. Misted about 24 gallons of juice between our archery club and my house yesterday. Was so bad you couldn't open your car door at the archery club without getting hundreds in your vehicle. The only drawback is they are all in the" neocid "group for insecticides which means they affect all insects. I try not to spray around blooming plants if I can help it. You also don't want to spray too close to water, as it harmful to certain critters until it dries. I don't like to mist, but we figure without doing it our club would be unusable from May to Sept. My wife also likes me to spray around and in her pasture for her horses, otherwise they tend to stay in the horse barn a large part of the day. Try to get the mist on the underside of leaves and plants. Should last 30 days or more depending on the amount of rain you receive. Bought the mister off of ebay used.

31-May-18
Mist around the perimeter of the wood line and your cabin lawn. Go all away around your cabin. Spend some time spraying around foundation base and bottom of door jams. Underside of leaf and branches too. Will help with Asian beetles too, spiders, etc. Rain will dilute it somewhat and you will know when it is time to spray again. Every 21 days is a general rule used by commercial sprayers such as “Mosquito Squad” etc. More rain then more frequent spraying. Wear a mask and long sleeves. Rubber gloves and eyewear. I have a mister made by Stihl. Works great easy to use.

01-Jun-18
I'm looking to use it around my house as well. The instructions say very little about it's effect on pets. How concerned should I be ?

01-Jun-18
Mosquito Spray Formula Big bottle of cheap blue mouthwash 3 cups of Epsom Salt 3 stale cheap beer Mix until salt is dissolved,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My friend is a naturalist, he uses this,,,,,,, I have a propane blaster with the mix that comes with it, and leave no prisoners, or have any mercy,,,,,,

07-Dec-22
Talstar. I used this when I lived up north and never had a mosquito or any other bug around, including ants. Safe in home around food, pets after it dries.

• Sitka Gear