Will 16-May-18
Bloodtrail 16-May-18
notme 17-May-18
steve 17-May-18
Will 17-May-18
notme 17-May-18
bigbuckbob 17-May-18
16-May-18
I posted this on the MA forum, and since Notme laid down a nice comment, I thought I'd toss it up here to see if you all have similar experiences:

I've had a weird observation lately, and I'm curious if you all have had similar experiences... This may actually be an informal poll.

I dont get ticks on me to often, despite being out where they live. My wife on the other hand, they LOVE. If I'm wandering through the woods, i almost always have knee high rubber boots on, she almost never does.

Then I got to thinking about some other friends who are in the woods for work or play. Those who wear knee high rubber boots seems to also report fewer ticks being on them, regardless of "spray" used.

So, how about you all... do you tend to wear rubber boots, or sneakers/hikers/"standard boots" when out on the woods and waters? have you noticed anything like I've noticed with ticks?

16-May-18
I have a friend who constantly has ticks on him when we go out together and I have very few. We don't wear rubber boots. Ticks are where you find them.

17-May-18

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
Will, xnay on notme crossing the linescay !!!

PSA: the impersonator has been caught and turned over to the proper authorities..move along nothing more to see here

17-May-18
I am the same as Bloodtrail ,Me and Dave walk in and out at the same time when we get back to the truck we always find them on him rarely on me . I do were rubber boots most of the time . Steve

17-May-18
otmenay, Iay, aysay, othingay boutaay ouryay heatingcay noay hetay onnecticutcay orumfay in assmay... :) (that last one was all I could handle before I had to stop the pig Latin)

Steve, interesting. So far it does seem that between here and MA, a very small edge goes to the wearing rubber boots reduces ticks theory... Hmmm.

17-May-18
Lmfao!!!

17-May-18
I don't wear rubbers,......boots. No use for them.

I wear hiking shoes in warmer weather and while I may have a tick or two on my clothes when I reach the truck, I've never been bitten in the nearly 50 years of hunting, including spring turkey while sitting on the ground and fall deer season. I change my clothes at the truck, shake them out, and put on my sweats.

• Sitka Gear