Wayniac 21-May-18
Ace 21-May-18
dbrand 22-May-18
Shawn 26-May-18
Wayniac 29-May-18
tobywon 29-May-18
Ace 29-May-18
21-May-18
We did a class this past Sat. at Manchester Coon & Fox Club and had only 8 students , smallest class ever and I hope this is not the new normal. We can expect to see fewer hunters these days but we have never seen this before . We do 2 classes a year and have always had 27 - 32 students and the largest was 57.

21-May-18
I have to believe that all the bad press around guns is driving people away.

21-May-18
There is usually anywhere from 10-20% no shows. Was that class registered as full? We taught 2 classes so far this year and it was completely full with 4 walk ins also. Sad to hear that though.

21-May-18
Hopefully just because it's a tough time of year with kids sports, graduations, proms, family obligations, etc...

I'm trying to get my younger nephew to make time for his class (he took bow safety already, and his older brother has both bow & firearm classes under his belt)

21-May-18
Was the class on the state Website for 30 days beforehand (as it is supposed to be)? We taught a class Sat. as well (bow class) and a student said it had availability just a few days prior. I think perhaps someone forgot to post it in time.

22-May-18
Class was posted as required , 2 no shows and the time of the year may of factored in. We try to get our spring class in before the turkey season but too many events were at the club this year. I looked at other self study classes online and all had openings. We will hope for improvement with the fall class.

26-May-18
I'm looking for a gun course in my surrounding area. I would like to do the first part online. Anybody know of any coming up?

29-May-18
Oxford Seymour Fish and Game June 4, 6, 8 (6:00 PM - 9:30 PM) and June 9 (9:00 AM - 2:00 PM)

Suffield Suffield Sportsman's Association 2900 Phelps Rd West Suffield June 23 and 24 (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)

29-May-18

tobywon's Link
Here is the link to the DEEP course listing, save to your favorites and keep checking. Hit Register/View Class schedule link on that page to see classes.

29-May-18
Remember: All classes are listed 30 days before they begin. So, check on Th for 4 weeks out (Sat start).

Bow and Trapping classes are 1 day, Firearm classes are 16 hours minimum for the full class, and Self Study classes have a 1 day Field Day portion after you take the online part, and pass all the tests. Online classes will take most people AT LEAST 8 hours, but you can work at your own pace.

If anyone needs a Firearm Class, I will be leading one on Sat July 14 & 21 in Monroe.

• Sitka Gear