Ursman 22-May-18
Jaquomo 22-May-18
tradi-doerr 24-May-18
Glunt@work 24-May-18
RDHunts 24-May-18
Ursman 24-May-18
Walltenthunter 28-May-18
21-May-18
Wolf conference june 8 here in the Springs, as stated, Antler Hotel. Anti hunter heaven no doubt. Colorado is pressed for game the way it is on the public land, so it seems to me, maybe I'm wrong. It's freaky dragging a deer out of the woods with wolfies around you, by yourself with just your bow.

22-May-18
I would never have just my bow... 2 legged predators are more prevalent than the 4 legged variety anyway.

22-May-18
I hope someone in a position to do so would form a coalition of all interested organizations and citizens to counter the claims of the wolf huggers. The politicians in the counties and local governments should be told the real truth about the impact of wolf introduction. Then maybe we wouldn’t have to be concerned with this coming to a vote in a statewide ballot. Cause if it does it will probably go the way of the spring bear season. And then it will be too late to be concerned.

22-May-18
I hope someone in a position to do so would form a coalition of all interested organizations and citizens to counter the claims of the wolf huggers. The politicians in the counties and local governments should be told the real truth about the impact of wolf introduction. Then maybe we wouldn’t have to be concerned with this coming to a vote in a statewide ballot. Cause if it does it will probably go the way of the spring bear season. And then it will be too late to be concerned.

22-May-18
The CPW biologists have successfully countered the claims of the wolf huggers and the CPW Commission believed their folks instead of activist/prostitute Gary Wockner, which is why the wolfies are discussing a ballot initiative. They know it will pass, probably by a large margin like the bear and trapping initiatives.

24-May-18
So, if the wolf sluts are going to the polls, then why don't WE put together a counter attack? The only reason we lost trapping and spring bear hunting is because there wasn't a counter offense to them, so maybe we should finally step up this time.

24-May-18
Spring bear, trapping, rifle seasons in Sept, double the number of people in archery season, more tags being taken for the land owner set-aside, an application change that cut sheep, goat and likely moose odds in 1/2 or worse and now rumblings of a wolf ballot issue. I'm having a hard time finding anything to put check mark in the "win" column for bowhunting lately.

24-May-18
The wolf debate is a very serious issue, sportsmen are going to be hit the hardest in the pocket book, we think it is costly to hunt now, wait until the CPW has to pay for managing wolves,live stock losses, and than a decrease in wildlife means a decrease in revenue by hunters numbers decreasing. I really suggest every sportsmen in the springs area to educate themselves on wolves, step up and attend this meeting and speak up against wolves. We also need to get support from the CBA and all organizations out there, get this message out to all and we might have a fighting chance.

24-May-18
I agree, let’s get the interested people and organizations together and meet to form a strategy. We might be able to convince a biologist from Idaho, who has expressed interest in coming to Colorado to speak against the reintroduction, to appear on our behalf. It might take some serious funding to accomplish this. If all interested parties could donate to a “No Wolf” fund maybe we could get the ball rolling. It’s probably too late for the Springs seminar. We need a high profile individual or individuals to get this off the ground.

28-May-18
A good strategy might well be to go back to the paper set forth in the DOW led Wolf Working Group of 2005 in Colorado. That group, including ranchers and sportsmen did not advocate reintroduction of wolves, but rather managing them as they might migrate into Colorado. Managing the wolves would still need be decided just how, yet the paper was at a minimum a good start.

Getting back to Colorado CP&W and its Wildlife Commission has not supported reintroduction of wolves. Here the wisdom imparted in the 2005 Colorado paper on wolves might just be needed as a renewed reference point going forward. A ballot initiative on wolves is not the answer nor supportable, yet sportsmen should never forget wildlife management does not operate in a vacuum. As such we depend on the public support of how wildlife is managed, including hunting and fishing.

• Sitka Gear