JMG 29-Aug-18
JL 31-Aug-18
JL 04-Sep-18
JL 08-Sep-18
Irishman 09-Sep-18
JL 11-Sep-18
SoaringEagle 11-Sep-18
22-May-18
So far they took and extra week for the Elk and deer tag draw. Its been over a month and no permits have showed up there new portal account is the worst in the country I still have friends that don't know if they drew a permit are not. Things have sure went to hell in Helena

22-May-18
I know, I supposedly drew a tag and nada in the mail department........And this was supposedly an "improvement upgrade"

22-May-18
Got these in the inbox a bit ago. I'm hoping the official antelope survey reports come in soon.

http://missoulian.com/lifestyles/recreation/article_3688afe6-7fe8-5f7b-b387-106bc5e38f55.html

http://missoulian.com/lifestyles/recreation/article_b70762c0-e0fb-5dca-8423-ae81a9adfe6b.html

23-May-18
I got my permit on Saturday. They must be slowly sending them out one by one on the pony express this year.

23-May-18
Last year I got my 900 antelope permit 3 days after the season opened they mailed it to Kalispell and my wife had to mail it to Zortman were I was at

23-May-18
my breaks permit came today

23-May-18
Got my breaks permit last week

23-May-18
Dan, how did they ever find you?lol

24-May-18
Received my elk permit yesterday finally.........on a related note, I purchased my non resident bear tag, baiting permit and license over the phone on Friday and had to mail the Idaho F&G office a separate check for the baiting permit.....received both in the mail today already.

06-Jun-18
What does it matter that people received respectively drawn tags at 2 months after the drawing when they're still not viable for nearly 3 months? I'm not being critical, I just need to better understand the argument and/or inferred notion that MT FWP is not providing satisfactory service by mailing drawn tags 3 months in advance of the season in lieu of 4 months ahead of the season. I don't work for MT FWP or have a vested interest in their performance but am curious as to why folks are concerned about receiving their drawn tags in the mail in late May in lieu of having them mailed 1-2 weeks after the drawing.

06-Jun-18
Point taken "soaring eagle" but if the expenditure of new updated computer systems is one of delay that in my mind should be measured in milliseconds, then it doesn't compute with me.

I wouldn't rate our system very high in ease of use and design especially in lieu of supposed upgrades.

10-Jun-18
point in case Last year I got my 900 antelope permit 3 days after the season opened they mailed it to Kalispell and my wife had to mail it to Zortman were I was at

02-Aug-18
Here again the F&G has not held the 2018 general Antelope draw How much time do they need At least they have done the 900 antelope. Why is it taking so long. I applied in March for everything along with my family

02-Aug-18
You've been around; you should know it takes what seems an unreasonable amount of time to complete the summer counts and then sit down and decide on quotas. But FWP is busier with programs, politics, and trying to spread the finances around to do what increases in scope and demand every year. If only they could focus on what interests us as hunters more, but alas there is more and more that sucks their time, resources, energy and wherewithal.

06-Aug-18
Oh let's be honest, they are gov employees which means the day they start they loose the ability do anything in a reasonable amount of time.

06-Aug-18
Hmmm,

Yes, perhaps we should adjust our expectations of speed and efficiency to those of other government agencies.........DMV, IRS, Affordable Care Act. Actually, in comparison to these others, they're not bad:)

09-Aug-18
What a lot of folks don’t realize is ... the laws in effect cause the rules and regulations. Government employees (city, county, state, or federal) must follow policies, rules and regulations and this is a BIG reason why government is so slow. You can thank your state or federal politician for passing bills that create those laws. The government employee is just doing their job.

12-Aug-18
JMG now that's funny.

13-Aug-18
I think that Montana F&G did a great job in the drawing process this year. I applied for 6 things and drew 5 of them, so I hope they keep up the good work.

13-Aug-18
I know they have went to crap if Irishman Drew any tags. I think there at the top of the worst state in the Nation

13-Aug-18
Another derisive comment from a hunter who would bitch about receiving every permit applied for, 'cuz it came a day late in the mail, which he didn't even check yesterday. 'Hope the hate dissipates ... it's a terrible affliction.

18-Aug-18
Straight Arrow - I'm friends with Bigdan, and I had a laugh at his comment. He has a pretty good sense of humor.

20-Aug-18
"I think there (sic) at the top of the worst state in the Nation" Humor I don't get.???

21-Aug-18
I got my NR antelope buck tag but I have not received my refund for not drawing the NR doe tag. Has anyone else not gotten their refunds back yet?

26-Aug-18
That’s funny Big Dan, you have obviously not lived many places other than MT? MT FWP does a great job compared to some of the pathetic organizations out east, your voice wouldn’t even be heard out there. Getting crotchety in the years?? Cmon man, givem a break, MT IS one of the top destinations in the nation for hunters, and to manage it takes some work.

27-Aug-18
Well I apply all over the west And by far Montana is the worst and it was one of the best. And the Govener used the F&G as a weapon to take out one of Testers rivals it stinks

28-Aug-18
So, I drew several tags and my archery elk B tag never arrived. Wasn't sure what to do since my son received his and Helena office checked and doesn't have it there. I wasn't sure what could be done since I'm probably leaving on a hunt this weekend but they claim I can go to the regional office in Missoula and sign an affidavit and have it reprinted.......I was worried at first but should be pretty painless since I live in a bigger town with a F&G office.

28-Aug-18
As of today....the antelope drawing was over two weeks ago and counting...still no refund for unsuccessful draws. I didn't think it took this long last year?

29-Aug-18
The State has to earn more interest on that pot of money before letting it leave their account(s).

31-Aug-18
Still no refund as of today.

04-Sep-18
^^ Still waiting.....

08-Sep-18
Spoke to a licensing lady....she said they had computer problems (again). Still waiting.

09-Sep-18
Is there a set deadline on when they have to send out refunds? I don't remember seeing one in the regulations. I can understand people being frustrated with the system, but really, if the Montana FWP drawing system and refund policy frustrates people so much, there is an easy solution - don't apply.

11-Sep-18
If no NR's applied for tags....things would look pretty bleak for MT F&G.

11-Sep-18
I agree with Irishman. Nothing says you need to apply for tags in MT, let alone travel here to recreate and in some fashion compete with me to hunt, not to mention complain about something that doesn't matter. I want to see more pictures of individual hunters' successes and discussions of their experiences afield, not this. If non residents didn't apply for tags (which is clearly not the case, and your expressed complaint regarding a perceived late refund will do nothing to dissuade hordes of non residents to continue applying in force, let alone affect the fiscal status and program aptitude of MT FWP). If you'd rather see MT wildlife and hunting opportunities managed in such a way as to exclude non resident hunting license opportunities and reduce the unmanageable stress of a late refund check, I fully support you and urge everyone you know and come into contact with to lobby those sentiments as soon as you can. That being said I just received my refund check from MT FWP this evening and am headed straight to the bar for hours of state government provided fun...

• Sitka Gear