xi 02-Jun-18
TT-Pi 02-Jun-18
drslyr 02-Jun-18
xi 03-Jun-18
Moons22 03-Jun-18
xi 03-Jun-18
bowandspear 03-Jun-18
23-May-18
BWB's question about does and fawns was a good one. And, it went with a vibe I've had recently to put up a cam or two and let them soak until some time in August or September. There are a couple spots that I love to hunt, and just have not "watched" much during the summer. I've got a lot of August pic's of does and fawns, but almost no velvet buck picks. Now that I feel I know the area better, I'm considering a long camera run to see if buck's just dont use the area until Oct-Nov... which is what it feels like.

Any of you putting up new/more or your first for the year cam's yet?

23-May-18
I just put out two cams last week in spots that I found over the winter to see if there is general movement in the area. Going to leave them until july or so to see if they are worth a stand or climber prep. Saw a bachelor group of buck while turkey hunting a couple weeks ago, big bodied one already had some big nubs growing!

23-May-18
I put one out when I went turkey hunting a few weeks ago.

23-May-18
I was thinking of doing the exact same Will. If nothing else, I think it could teach us some stuff and lend itself to some pretty cool pictures. Would love to see a regular buck grow a rack over the coming months.

23-May-18
I will be putting cams Friday after my last morning of turkey hunting

23-May-18
Cameras always out. Just checked one tonight. 25 minute walk to change out the card, after having sat for six weeks, 25 minutes coming out—four pictures of the same mangy deer, and nothing else.

23-May-18
Well Jeb, look on the bright side......you don't want your camera there!

23-May-18
you mean your not supposed to run them year round???? opps

23-May-18
Right, and I left it in there, so I get to go back and retrieve it. Genius.

24-May-18
Jrd - I pull em prior to shotgun... the cam's I've lost were when I tried to get through SG season... right when i think about it, I think of guys turkey hunting who may steal a cam... Then I'm on my mountain bike to much... then it's august and I think: "Get em out!!!" :)

BWB - exactly, it would be cool to be like SevOne and get cool pic's of rack's developing.

24-May-18
After last year when I kicked a fawn up, and 10 mins later heard as it got mauled to death. 20 yards in front of me in thicket. I'll be leaving them alone until September. I just don't feel the need to cause them any extra unnecessary stress.

24-May-18
I'll probably put some out next weekend once turkey season is over.

24-May-18
i leave them on my plot year round.....others i pull before shotgun,

24-May-18
That's wild Murphy,..

24-May-18
Still out...24/7 365.....

27-May-18
First pictures of the year and it is a mature piebald doe ( minor white abnormality along neck and front end) I haven't had a picture of deer in this spot all winter.

By the way, the end of the cape (P-Town) is still in buds ( No, I don't go there, info from a construction worker who lives next to Chatham which is a solid week behind my area.) We here on the south side of pre-cape are a week off of 1 hour west.

The temperature difference is noteworthy.

27-May-18
It would be an interesting exercise to put a bunch of cameras all in a very small area. This would give you an understanding of what each individual camera was missing. Because despite that there are no deer on my camera, there are some monsters in there...I just know it...

27-May-18
I like that Idea Jeb. Cover a big area or a long line of possible travel corridor. Now for the money and security of my investment...

27-May-18
I know a guy who has three cams surrounding a spot he has far from home. Seems overkill but at least he knows whats moving through there! From checking the cams i would say that any given camera only caught half the action, with alot of pictures of the same deer on cams

28-May-18
Jeb, that's interesting. Had 2 cams literally pointing opposite directions last year in N.Y., one was my son's and he just put it next to mine and I was able to convince him to aim it the other way. His camera got everything and they were maybe 3 feet apart. For some reason they moved thier run over about 5 yds last spring.so no I wouldn't hunt based on cam pics.

28-May-18
I put one out a month ago, got a rabbit and a couple raccoons. Put another camera out the other day, slightly different placement, to see if things have changed. Might put another out today or later this week. Looking for a new spot or two while working on a new 3D trail.

28-May-18
They have a type of camera where it takes a super-wide-angle picture, such as 180 degrees. But I imagine not cheap. Also I don’t know if the trigger responds to the whole 180 degrees.

02-Jun-18

xi's embedded Photo
Rat Bastard !
xi's embedded Photo
Rat Bastard !
Yea, hurry up. So I can feed the bears !

02-Jun-18
Xi , I hate to tell yu buddy but that camera is facing the wrong way.

02-Jun-18
We have 15 cams up and running since the end of NY deer season at our camp. You don't checkem much when their 400 miles away. My pal Had put up a spartan cam (cell phone transmitter} but it stopped sending pics a long time ago. He only had 2 bars of signal strength so its prolly not enough to transmit pictures even though it still takes em.

03-Jun-18

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Smells good !
xi's embedded Photo
Smells good !
So after searching for a good amount of time my son found the camera under some grass that had grown up around it. About 0800 last night I get a pic from my buddy, he was going to stack the round bales we made on the farm where the camera was. Here's the last pic before the mauling.

03-Jun-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo
Those damn bears!!

03-Jun-18
Where's a snow shovel when you need one !

03-Jun-18
Ha ha how cool. Well you gotta love it when I went in today at 3:30 pm to set my first can. As soon as I swung my legs over gate and feet hit the ground a big bodied buck lifted his head and stared at me chewing what he was browsing on for a few seconds before deciding to scat. I proceed two hundred yards down the powerline gawking at all the tracks and when I get to the clearing I want to set it at there's another velvet buck (younger) browsing 25 yds away with his pastramis facing me. I think after 10 seconds when he finally turned and saw the guy in blue flannel standing there alhe wanted to die of embarrassment for letting me sneak up on him covered in bug spray and blue clothes lol. As I am setting cam up on tree about 10 yds deep in woods I hear branches breaking , look over and two more bucks with nervous faces checking me out and then take off like Godzilla thrashing Tokyo. 10 minutes 4 bucks never stepped foot into the woods lol. Damn, I'm going to start wearing Repel Tick spray as a cover scent. Just alot of nice browse on these power lines after recent rains these guys must be taking advantage of. Good way for me to get an inventory over the summer who is home.

• Sitka Gear