Ned 08-Jun-18
trophyhill 11-Jun-18
swampokie 11-Jun-18
smarba 11-Jun-18
mrelite 11-Jun-18
splitlimb13 11-Jun-18
trophyhill 11-Jun-18
29-May-18
Read an article when I got home from the lake. Apparently a guy had food in his tent. When will people learn?

29-May-18
Duh! No one wants crumbs in their sleeping bag.

30-May-18
Went to Cimmarron campground 25 years ago or so with the then "young family" to camp and fish. Found a stash of chocolate chip cookies under my sons pillow in his tent the 2nd morning we were there....Bahjeezus. I've been to that campground several times since, and we have bear problems almost every time! not good

30-May-18
The wardens (or whomever) have really decimated the bear population in VV. When I talked to them 2yrs ago they said the elk numbers were down so they "relocated" a lot of bears.

30-May-18
Interesting about Cimmarron CG. I had a hunt there about 8 years ago. Every night I placed all food in the camper shell. Once I came back before dark (before I stashed food in the truck) to find my two ice chests dragged into the trees about 200'- the bear came in during daylight. Still have two ice chests with bear teeth marks.

31-May-18
When my my daughter was younger we were fishing the Shuree ponds and took some fish back to the C CG to cook them up, afterwards we put all our food and supplies up (she didn't think we needed to because we were in a campground) so we went back to the ponds to fish some more and when we came back later that evening a bear had tore apart the neighbors ice chest, I am pretty sure it was our lunch that brought it in. It was a great lesson for my daughter and at someone else's expense, I had been talking up bears being out there but it didn't really sink in until she saw that it does happen, she was like "dang dad, I am glad we put our stuff up" LOL she was on bear alert the rest of the trip, the looks are her face when we were hiking through some thick forest was priceless.

Muddyboots, was it opening weekend? I believe it was about 8 or so years ago LOL

31-May-18
Don't park at my basecamp dude ;)

01-Jun-18
I don't get why people lose common sense as soon as they get into the mountains. Many years ago I was staying with my ex at one of those cabins just to the north of Eagle Nest lake.

One morning there was a bear rummaging in a big metal trash bin. We watched from the cabin. Then some idiot driving by stops his car, walks to about 15 yards away to take a pic with his cellphone. I thought to myself..."Dude, the bear is looking for food! What do you think you are?"

Lucky for him the bear was occupied shredding through the contents of the bin.

01-Jun-18
Heck.......I'm so paranoid, I hang my Mt House 75 yards from my tent...

01-Jun-18
Relax Trophy, a little bacon grease around your tent keeps the bears away, they hate that stuff..........

02-Jun-18
Lol

07-Jun-18
I work down in the area and was on the call with G&F that day. The dude did not have actual food in his tent, he was drinking Vodka and Orange juice. When the bear pounced on him in the tent he was able to get out and to his truck, the bear actually jumped on the truck as well.

07-Jun-18
Bring your pistola JP ;)

08-Jun-18
Maybe it was going through withdrawals lol

11-Jun-18
16b. Did a quick scouting trip over the weekend with JP. We saw bear tracks everywhere we went. They are moving around alot in search of food and water. I expect we'll see a few bears on the trail cams next month. C'mon rain!

11-Jun-18
Is there any special way you try to bearproof ur cameras. I can’t keep the bears from eating mine

11-Jun-18
Bear safe (metal locking box) works pretty good for bears and 2 legged jerks.

11-Jun-18
A metal security box would do the trick, unfortunately we placed our cameras without security so we may not have any cameras left when we get back to check them.

11-Jun-18
Trophy, the forecast is rain starting tomorrow afternoon for 5 days straight let's hope it is true

11-Jun-18
Good news Splitlimb! Most tanks are dry! What are those bears eating? I see lots of pine nuts on the ground but not much of anything else.

• Sitka Gear