DoorKnob 01-Jun-18
Tweed 01-Jun-18
ground hunter 01-Jun-18
xtroutx 02-Jun-18
Pasquinell 02-Jun-18
xtroutx 03-Jun-18
31-May-18

MF's Link
Its getting scary out there, other than using bug sprays, harsh repellents on your skin, I believe I have found a great way to combat those ticks. Most might know what compression pants & shirts are, for those that don't, look them up. This combo might seem it would be to hot to wear when the weather has been in the 80s & 90s but it isn't, the outfit is so lite you don't even realize your wearing it after awhile. They have to be white in color. I purchased white knee high socks, white compression pants and a compression shirt. Wearing this under your regular clothing those ticks cannot get to your skin from the neck down and when disrobing they are easily seen. My outer garment is Elimitick Clothing by Gamehide. Being in the field more often than the regular guy I refuse to become a victim again from these nasty ticks. Be careful out there.

31-May-18

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
The compression pants have to be all the way down to the ankles as shown here.

31-May-18
I just bought some shirts from Gamehide after being told about them. Do they work like they say? The ticks and skeeters have been so bad that I figured it was worth a try. I also bought a concentrate of Permethrin to try out.

31-May-18
Yes the Gamehide product works, is it full proof, no, but instead of 20 ticks you might have 2. A few years back after getting lymes, I have been using there Elimitick clothing product since the year it came out, I'm a believer. Along with the shirts you bought invest in the pants, its a smart investment. But if you use the combo I described above, your even better off.

31-May-18

smokey's Link
The Elimitick clothing works great. I had a pair of pants that I used for a few years until I wore them out. I bought my second pair from Insectshield. It seems like the material is stronger. They are actually made by a company called Insectshield. But Gamehide has a camo option, Insectshield offers other types of clothing. Look at both sites.

I also use Sawyer brand permethrin on some clothing like hats or gloves. Buying something like Carhart and spraying is a good option. You will just have to treat them more often than the ready treated clothes.

31-May-18

smokey's Link
Elimitick website

31-May-18
I treat my work pants with permethrin and haven't seen a tick in weeks and I have been working in the woods every day. Super easy and cheap.

31-May-18
Permethrin is a stable (synthetic) form of an insecticidal compound produced by the chrysanthemum flower, its about the same thing that is in the Elimitick clothing.

01-Jun-18
Pantyhose would be cheaper, but get you more problems in camp.

01-Jun-18
Only if you let the other guys changing into your hoes...but then why are they looking in the first place?

01-Jun-18
Ticks are really no issue around here,,,,,, yesterday, took off, on a "suppose" trail, to get at some trout,,,,,, guess he forgot about all the blow downs, ha ha,,,, took us over an hour, to get to the water, via the mystery trail..... 2 ticks

02-Jun-18
Had one in me this morning. Deeply imbedded, had to get out the

02-Jun-18
UT OH... xtroutx? Looks like you may have had to dig in too far?

03-Jun-18
yes, Had to use the fellet knife.

• Sitka Gear