2018 multi unit elk draw
Arizona
Contributors to this thread:
Dead Aim 02-Jun-18
osage 02-Jun-18
StickFlicker 03-Jun-18
creed 03-Jun-18
02-Jun-18
Good afternoon everyone i was just wondering if i could get some help. I drew a multi unit archery cow elk tag this year. The units are 17A, 17B, 18B, 19B, 20A, and 20C and this will be my first year hunting elk all advice would be much appreciated.

02-Jun-18
I was hunting Javelina and deer in 18B, 17B, and 20A last January. Was there about 2 weeks and didn't seen any elk. The locals said there were a few around in those units however. I would guess further north, around Ash Fork might be better.

03-Jun-18
That is a VERY difficult hunt, with relatively few elk and even fewer cow elk. I believe I've had it twice, although it's been several years since I've tried it. Was unsuccessful both times, so I don't have a lot of advice for you other than plan to spend a LOT of days scouting. Good luck.

03-Jun-18
I have seen a ton of elk in these units over the years but they have been in some of the most unlikely places. Most of them while scouting antelope if that tells you anything about the country they were in. Also have run into them on top of Juniper Mesa, around Red Tank on Walnut Creek, up against the Float on Upper Antelope Tank, Carter Tank north of the 7 UP, Burro Creek, Happy Camp Tank. Regardless, like StickFlicker said, it is a brutal hunt and scouting is the key.

• Sitka Gear