Dafish 03-Jun-18
bodyman 03-Jun-18
ksq232 03-Jun-18
Kansasclipper 03-Jun-18
Thornton 04-Jun-18
BODYMAN 04-Jun-18
Shawn 05-Jun-18
03-Jun-18
Im shooting a 70lb illusion have used it for years but getting to old and fat to pull it back very easy Any advise on a new bow in the 50lb range without spending the bank

03-Jun-18
Primes are great bows in the fifty pound range. You could pick one up off archerytalk classifieds for around $350. They are draw specific bows though. Whatever you get, I’d recommend buying used. I haven’t bought a new bow in 16 years.

03-Jun-18
Thanks i just need a naked bow i can strip the one i have ill look at them

03-Jun-18
My opinion, I would not buy a draw specific bow unless you now exactly your draw length on that model bow or have a bow press or bow shop near you and willing to buy different cams as needed. All bows advertised draw lengths are not the same. Do some research on archery talk in the classified, if ya see something you might be interested in do a search on it to get the pro's and cons. I bought a used PSE Inertia last year, 50lbs and shoots faster then any of my 60 and 70lbs bows. It is draw length adjustable with out a press, as most PSE's are, plus has a short or long valley adjustment. You can pick used and even older new ones for $400 or less. review Editor review: PSE has really packed a great deal of technology into the $799 price tag of their 2016 Inertia bow, which shooters of all abilities will truly appreciate. For those wanting a compact hunting bow with exceptional performance, the Inertia is certainly worth a test shot. The designed ability to tweak the back wall feel of the bow is well received by shooters because it allows them to be more conscious of the specifications they like rather than the back wall feel, since the Inertia allows for that to be fully customized. However, with the exceptional performance of the bow, dropping down even 10 full pounds will more than likely still outperform the bow shooters are replacing at a heavier draw weight. Although some may think of this as a negative, it should not be because lower draw weight is easier to manage and if it still outperforms at a lighter poundage, it is an upgrade all around. The Inertia is a great hunting bow, it should be on the list of many shooters to try out for 2016

if you want to review most any bow here is a link

http://compoundbowchoice.com/reviews/

03-Jun-18
Thanks David the bow im shooting was designed by pse its a great bow there are so many great bows out there Im hoping i can do some trading at a local shop

03-Jun-18
Dafish is right, it would be best to get a draw length adjustable bow, easier to resell too. If you have the luxury of being able to shoot a specific bow your interested in then a draw specific bow can work for you. As for adjustable bows, I’d recommend checking out Bowtech, they’re binary overdrive cams are amazing and the easiest on the market to tune. If you check them out, just make sure to stay in later models then 2014, to avoid limb issues. Again, lots of good bows out there, good luck!

03-Jun-18
Nothing has a better resale value than Mathews. Just plain and simple. Stick a used one on Archery Talk and it is gone in no time. A Mathews Z3 is the best value out there. Smooth single cam bow that is bullet proof. The shop I use can order you a new one for $499 with 50 lb limbs. Another shop here has the new Elite Enlist on sale for $529. He has them in 60 or 70 lbs. What I like about the Enlist is that it only weighs 3.9 lbs. You can also still pick up new Mathews No Cams on Ebay for $600 and a local shop here has a new left over for $625. Best shooting, most accurate bow I have ever shot. Broad head tuning is a breeze with the No Cam. Send me a private message and I can give you contact info. All of the bows I mentioned are dead silent and great hunting bows. The No Cams are the quietest bow I have ever shot or heard. Mine is as quiet as my recurves. Other than that I would take a look at the Prime bows or maybe Obsession. I want to mention that the No Cams are so easy to draw. If you want smooth and easy on the shoulder they can't be beat. And the shop with new left over No Cam happens to be a 50 lb bow.

04-Jun-18
I've got a nice Mathews z7 I'd sell for a good price.

04-Jun-18
the z7 reminds me of my browning what lb pull

05-Jun-18
Jeff is dead nuts on about the Mathews Z3, great bow, quick, quiet and I have seen them go for under 400 bucks brand new on e-bay and as he said new for $500. I actually bought one as a back up to my Mathews ZXT and it is pretty much the same bow except it is 30"s ATA . Shawn

• Sitka Gear