jstephens61 06-Jun-18
Edge Hunter 09-Jun-18
1boonr 09-Jun-18
Edge Hunter 11-Jun-18
Lynn Wilcox 26-Sep-18
Lynn Wilcox 14-Nov-18
1boonr 15-Nov-18
04-Jun-18
What ever happened to the bill that was going through about supplemental feeding in Illinois?

04-Jun-18
Last I heard still in the system they changed some of the language. IMHO Bad idea.

05-Jun-18

Lynn Wilcox's Link
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocTypeID=SB&DocNum=2493&GAID=14&SessionID=91&LegID=109238

I agree Highlife, a very bad idea that puts our deer herd at risk of spreading CWD at a faster rate, just so money hungry people in the deer industry can make even more money off our herd.

Our IDNR failed us AGAIN, on this one too.....

You pay off the right Senators, Representatives & ex-Representatives, you can get just about anything passed in this corrupt state.....8^(

06-Jun-18
What scientific studies are there that say it spreads faster with supplemental feeding. If so do these studies say how much faster. Would it be one year longer before the disease gets to a deer herd near you. Do these studies account for sharpshooting over supplemental food piles? I have a friend who lives within fifty miles of where cwd was discovered in the late 60’s. He still shoots deer there, that are not infected. I don’t want cwd near me but when it gets here we will still be able to shoot deer that aren’t infected. Will it get here any sooner due to a mineral lick? How will we know?

06-Jun-18
Rose and Halbrook, it does not surprise me.

09-Jun-18
"How will we know?" Sometime you have to use logic. CWD is spread through saliva and food piles, mineral licks, etc. all concentrate deer causing deer to come it contact with saliva from infected deer. I guess you have no problem sharing a drinking glass with some one who has the flu.

09-Jun-18
We will have to stop them from licking each other every day all summer long also. My question was how will we know if it actually spreads any faster with mineral licks, feed stations, foodplots, oak trees or basic agriculture? I really don’t care about any change in legislation but I do care that our state game department is being run by people that have no clue on how to stop the spread of this disease. You could argue that the sharpshooters have slowed down the spread of it but what do you compare it to. How do you know it is working. They kill 200 deer and 20 test positive. Seems like a waste of 180 deer.

11-Jun-18
So what is the state of the bill right now June 11?

26-Sep-18

Lynn Wilcox's Link
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=2493&GAID=14&GA=100&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=109238&SessionID=91#actions

SB 2493 AKA "deer feeding bill" was vetoed yesterday by Governor Rauner.

Glad to see the deer industry lose a battle for a change !!!

8^)

14-Nov-18

Lynn Wilcox's embedded Photo
Lynn Wilcox's embedded Photo

Lynn Wilcox's Link
https://www.capitol-outdoors.com/2018/02/sb-2493-wildlife-deer-bait-illinois.html?fbclid=IwAR0CNJB1CYt2mxUYc39ZY8KURTnZyrTynuYp2sVqtVDfRMF1uaRAK3HgmF0&m=1

Looks like our Senators FINALLY, realized they got fooled by the deer industry & that they need to listen to the biologist on this one !

Idiots......how much money & time was wasted on this BS ?

15-Nov-18
With any luck JB will sign it

• Sitka Gear