Longcruise 05-Jun-18
Treeline 05-Jun-18
rideold 05-Jun-18
oldgoat 05-Jun-18
fubar racin 05-Jun-18
Glunt@work 05-Jun-18
yooper89 05-Jun-18
05-Jun-18
I just got off the phone with CPW (deer draw will be complete by tonight, fyi), and was trying to get some information on the "Season Choice" tags available for eastern units. These tags are B-list tags. The regulations say you can have a list A and a list B in the same season. When I asked the woman at the CPW how one goes about acquiring both of these tags in one season (i.e. List A Archery Mule Deer unit 2 and List B Season Choice tag), she told me it was impossible since they both draw tags.

Is this in fact true? She said the only way to get a Season Choice tag and a List A tag is to apply, and draw the Season Choice tag and then hope to pick up a leftover tag for muley.

Can anyone shed light on this?

05-Jun-18
That's not the way the brochure reads.

05-Jun-18
Sounds about right. There may be some leftovers on the plains tag. Keep your eyes open on the lists!

05-Jun-18
True. You can get one tag through the draw or one or both through leftover licenses

05-Jun-18
Yeah, read close, I bought a season choice leftover and it ended up being private land only, had to send it back, and they even warn you about that in the regulation book, I read that, but didn't read the tag description, lol!

05-Jun-18
Back when the season choice was list c i had 3 list c season choice tags and 1 list a tag. Drew list a bought the list c tags leftover.

05-Jun-18
Check the stats on your unit. In the unit I hunt, season choice tags are usually available as left overs.

05-Jun-18
Thanks guys. I was just making sure I understood her right. I’ll keep an eye on the leftovers when they’re released.

• Sitka Gear