Dpat 12-Jun-18
jstephens61 13-Jun-18
DozRdeer2 15-Jun-18
Lynn Wilcox 16-Jun-18
DozRdeer2 18-Jun-18
Lynn Wilcox 18-Jun-18
Lynn Wilcox 19-Jun-18
07-Jun-18
https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/news/Pages/IDNR-Hosting-Public-Meetings-on-Proposed-Changes-in-Archery-Deer-Hunting-in-Five-Eastern-Illinois-Counties.aspx Got this this morning. I may try to get to one or the other.

11-Jun-18
Jim - any idea what the proposals will be? The article was pretty vague.

Thanks,

Lee

11-Jun-18
I don’t, sorry. Hope it doesn’t get into to new feeding bill that Rose got passed. Stupid bill.

11-Jun-18
Thx - going to have to go see what the proposals are - pretty curious.

Lee

12-Jun-18

Lee's Link
Jim - saw another article on heartland outdoors that said the proposal is No antlerless from Oct 1 - Oct 15.

12-Jun-18
So people can feed/bait deer now?????

13-Jun-18
Pilot program through the PRI.

15-Jun-18
Dpat - No feeding of deer is allowed. It is my understanding that the only feeding allowed will be as directed by the researchers doing the actual deer feeding study. Tom

16-Jun-18

Lynn Wilcox's Link
Tom....I think you better look closer at the final wording of amendment #2.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=10000SB2493ham002&GA=100&LegID=109238&SessionId=91&SpecSess=0&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=2493&GAID=14&Session=

"The study must be conducted statewide. During the study, supplemental deer feeding is permitted on private lands through voluntary participation by landowners."

Tom.....We discussed this idiotic bill at great length Thurs at Rock Springs. Ask Mark about some of the last minute wording that got added.......

Not good...

18-Jun-18
Lynn - I was going by the statement of "legislative intent" read by the bill's sponsor prior to the vote. It was printed in a Heartland Outdoors post. Tom

18-Jun-18
Yah we talked about the "legislative intent" part last Thursday too and we all had a good laugh. Poorly worded bills are one thing. I don't think this qualifies as that. This is the deer industry, a lobbyist/ex-rep & a handful of current legislatures, trying to sneak in (thru backroom politics) statewide deer feeding via last minute bill. Heck one of the last votes on the floor, I read they didn't allow any discussion before the vote ???

Just trust us to write the final wording.....ha ! Trust these crooks ??

Some people got suckered on this one....

I am glad I filled all my witness slips 'against' this bill AND both amendments !!!

19-Jun-18
Btw.....every non-profit conservation organizations that filed a witness slip, was also against this bill (SB 2493) and both amendments. And...there were several against it.

The biggest bulk of witness slips supporting SB 2493, came from people in the deer industry, want a be people in the deer industry, out of staters, lobbyist/ex-rep, ect....

zero non profits, supported this bill......

That is pretty telling........but our fine upstanding legislature kept passing it and our IDNR political appointees even put the IDNR stamp of approval behind it.

Hopefully our Governor has more morals then our IL political hacks that allowed this kind of stuff to get this far.

• Sitka Gear