Weekend Warrior 18-Jun-18
ohiohunter 19-Jun-18
Pigsticker 19-Jun-18
ohiohunter 20-Jun-18
Outdoorsdude 20-Jun-18
trophyhill 20-Jun-18
Outdoorsdude 20-Jul-18
11-Jun-18
Many hunters bash liberals and their policies. Yet when it's time to vote, they're advocating and voting for these koksuckers. No wonder hunters are divided! There. Rant over. I feel better already ;)

12-Jun-18
Sadly you’re right

12-Jun-18
So what are hunters to do when neither party fits the bill??

1) Does voting straight party lines make a person a minion for the party they vote for?

2) Not voting does nothing for anybody!

3) Voting for certain people regardless of party affiliation only to maintain some sense of balance to a screwed up system, this choice can also be a disaster but it is increasingly becoming a option even though it makes me want to puke.

It sucks that I am increasingly pushed to vote for the lesser of two evils or a 3rd choice of libertarians who try to be in the middle but in reality are just shy of spineless and a little bit cuckoo, I can't stand "Progressive Democrats" "Establishment Democrats" "Establishment Republicans" "Spineless Libertarians" or "Career Politicians"

I am a Pissed off American, rant just starting!

12-Jun-18
I'm affraid that this country is going to be in serious trouble with the majority of the generations in line to take over. I know,it's deep ,but I feel like we are in serious trouble And are going to face some serious hardships.

12-Jun-18
If you read where the candidates stand on hunting, etc. Pearce was the ONLY one who said he supports the second amendment. Some said outfitters should get even more than 10% of tags, etc. Grisham is a pig..... I feel better now too thanks.

12-Jun-18
Split, we are absolutely screwed in the long run. Children are being indoctrinated at the elementary level thru college. Its sickening, they will be fantastic minions when they reach voting age. Best thing a parent can do is be involved and know what their kids are being taught. I know an 8yo girl who absolutely hates trump if that tells ya anything.

One thing I find interesting and coincidental is how the left constantly labels people racists while they unconditionally hate trump, but one cannot be a racist without unconditional hate. Funny how that pans out.

12-Jun-18
Supporting the NRA is the way to protect the 2nd, it is their sole purpose and why we still have it.

We are in the same sorry situation for the Governor position, a freaking nutcase or more of the same for NM of which most of us hunters have been fighting against for years.

Not happy and I surely don't feel good about my choices!!

12-Jun-18
The thing I don't understand, and I don't have kids, is why aren't parents teaching there kids to be free thinkers. If the schools are teaching them how to be good little liberals, why the hell aren't parents teaching there kids to be counter intuitive? Or raising hell with the school boards who have gone astray from teaching true history on what this country was built on?

On a side note, I'd rather know who I'm fighting (liberals) than an enemy within (hunters). Between the two, hunters who side with liberals, are the most dangerous.....

12-Jun-18
Trophy, I do have kids , and that's exactly what I'm teaching them. I'm a believer so I teach them about God as well . I have a high school boy who knows more about what real life should look like and he's 16, he is a firm Trump supporter and lots of times has to stand up for what he believes in amongst his liberal bound piers..

12-Jun-18
The answer is that many parents do and many do not, young kids will listen to a parent (they generally will if the parent is an active parent) but when they get old enough teenage years and then college they think and form opinions for themselves, they will take in everything they see and hear like a sponge and formulate their own opinion, sometimes it is inline with parents, sometimes it is better and sometimes it is freaking way out there, a teenagers mind can quickly becomes out of your control to no detriment to your parenting. Teachers who preach personal politics in school is a rampant problem and hard to battle, I had to deal with it with two kids. The base of your teachings when they were young are what you hope they will fall back on as they mature, IMO the better the base of teaching morals, ethics, principles the better chance your kids will incorporate the parents beliefs when they mature but no matter how good a parent is it isn't a given. My eldest daughter has a masters degree and is very much in line with my views now but she went through a few years of society/media trying to turn her liberal, we have had many long conversations but she is good to go now. My youngest just got her bachelors degree and has a liberal dick-wad boyfriend, couple that with 4 years of the college professors injecting their personal crap and it may take a few years for her to decide which way she wants to go, it's not my decision we've done what we could and I won't chase her away, we still have long conversations about life with her and we do what we can to explain and show her our beliefs, I can only hope that she will see the light after a few more years.

On a side note; I am a little confused in your enemy statement, I have "never" voted for a liberal in a general election but I would have voted for Garrett if he had won the democratic primary for SLC, does that make me an enemy? if so, of whom? an enemy of hunters? or the likes of Pat Lyons and Aubrey Dunn? I voted for both of those POS's and every other republican SLC for 30 years and I can truly say I can't think of one good thing any of them have done for hunters, Lyons was doing backroom land swaps with LO's without hunters/public in mind = enemy of hunters, Dunn tried to extort 5 million dollars per year from the G&F and literally hated hunters = enemy of hunters, which is why I would have voted for Garrett.

Although I wouldn't have voted for Garrett if he had ran for any other political position but the SLC position is different, it directly effects hunters on a lot of land. As each species falls to unlimited tags for LO's the more they will try and de-commission county roads to keep the public off of state lands and the more they will fight us on access at this point I can only hope that Munoz will run as an independent, but he is also a democrat, he did however push the 196 Bill for more public tags and almost overturned the outfitter welfare, if a person votes for him are they an enemy of hunters?

12-Jun-18
They can tell my kids anything they want in school I tell them the things I believe in and that is god, country and everything anti liberal. Teachers can tell them being gay is ok I tell them it damn sure isn’t , teachers can tell them hunting is not good but I buy them guns and bows and take them into the woods every chance I get. They see Trump is trying to do good for America first and I tell them he is right....remember we have laws that need to be followed. So far my kids and grand kids are acting like good strong Americans that love hunting, horses, rodeo, etc.....

12-Jun-18
Like breathing some fresh air hearing you guys .

12-Jun-18
First off I knew this thread would garner some opinions, and some real life experiences. It wasn't meant to single anyone out, but indeed to provoke. ;)

JP, I am not in the least worried about your kids because I know what kind of parent you are and have met your daughters. Great kids with great minds. You've done well at parenting grasshopper. ;)

Now since a few have mentioned Trump, I will go there too. Though not a very personable man, and maybe not even likable to some, it wasn't long ago that the libs were attacking his son for hunting. (Was that a Stone or Dall?) I'm not worried about his stance on hunting or gun control. In fact, I'm not worried about Trump at all! He's managed to energize the base and inflame the left. Something no one else has done since Ronny. And something our pussyfied Republicans have been afraid to do. Remember Romney? Trump's tarrifs and undoing the unfair trade agreements should be commended. Even if prices on steel, lumber and other construction materials are seeing slight increases. Has anyone looked around to see that past administration's have sold the American worker down the river? Job growth right now is incredible. There is work for those who want to work!

And let's talk about state government for a sec. No let's talk fed for a sec. Since when has the fed been able to manage anything? Seriously? They can't manage the post office, they damn sure can't manage wolves, and some trust them to manage land? Really? They damn sure couldn't manage the VC.

OK so let's talk state government. And states rights for self governing? What happened to that? Now states are the pups and the fed is the giant tit. To reliant on the fed.

Hunters better unite!

In closing for now, Democrat = liberal. Republicans are the lesser of 2 evils. This coming from a registered Independent. When I registered as an independent, it was my hope that the Democratic and Republican party's would lean center. It hasn't happened. Tea party got ran out of town unfortunately. So there's that. Boy, after a long day running a construction site, this exhausted me and now I'm all over the place but you get the gist. I am totally against liberals because they are wolves in sheep's clothing.

There now. Rant over ;)

12-Jun-18
When Mitch becomes gov'r, one of the first things she'll do is to push through her sponsored gun legislation.

The second thing she'll do is tank NM's economy even further with the help of liberal corporate control.

The third thing will be to bring down the education system a step further.

She's an idiot and I'm not even ranting...

12-Jun-18
Lol

12-Jun-18
Pretty much sums up the progressive democratic candidate.

You know the state

13-Jun-18
Oh by the way JP. Don't worry about your liberal SIL. between you, your wife and 2 daughters, you'll have that boy wearing big boy pants and cowboy boots in no time ;)

14-Jun-18
That's what sucks about Munoz, he lives in a district that has four reservations and is heavily D. No R or even an I will carry that vote. He hunts, is a businessman and was endorsed by the NRA as a Senator. He's basically a DINO.

14-Jun-18

raceguy's Link
The problem with registering as an independent candidate, you have to get more than three times as many signatures as an R or a D just to get on the ballot in NM. Over 15k in fact. Check linky.

14-Jun-18
The 2 party system protects itself. Munoz should still go for it, I really do not know how I can vote for either candidate.

14-Jun-18
He'd better start petitioning for a position asap.

14-Jun-18
It is really simple, you look at the two parties and whichever is closest to your core values is the party vote of choice. young dems and young GOPers eventually turn into establishment politicians. You can agree to disagree but these young worthy candidates will be working to keep establishment guy in office be careful because what you get at face value is not the full cost for admission.

It may be that you may make hay at the state or local level but eventually you are feeding one of two political machines. It is naïve to think that a short term gain is a long term win. This will be true until there is some political epiphany that move Americans toward a common ideological view.

14-Jun-18
Very well said Pigsticker!

15-Jun-18
If hunters are predominantly conservative, and you don't like a certain issue, this is where hunters should unite and bombard the consevative candidate with emails instead of automatically voting for the other side because of a single issue. Just my .02

15-Jun-18
get the ball rollin!

15-Jun-18
trophy

I agree we should get more involved when we don't agree on the issues. Seems like (to me anyway) I never agree 100% with any candidate and I don't like going with the least detrimental to us as hunters or just everyday citizens. Whats the answer? Hell I don't know , but I can't support any one candidate that is for opening up state land and not closing the border or marches in some pride (gay) parade.

The game dept. should have told the land office to pound sand when Dunn raised the lease. I would feel better not hunting state land than I do knowing we paid $2,000,000.00 because some prick wanted a imaginary feather in his hat.

16-Jun-18
X2, “Whats the answer? Hell I don't know , but I can't support any one candidate that is for opening up state land and not closing the border or marches in some pride (gay) parade.”

16-Jun-18
Since we are on politics. Is everyone aware that billionaire Hillary supporter, communist anti U.S. George Soros owns Progressive Insurance. I just got an ad in the mail that made share this fact. Please do not use Progressive Insurance and pass the word.

17-Jun-18
Progressive Insurance...Now I get it.

17-Jun-18
Isn't Progressive Ins. a publicly traded company?

17-Jun-18

Dyjack's embedded Photo
Dyjack's embedded Photo
Lol you guys are funny as hell.

17-Jun-18
The single most important detail you have to consider when voting has not even been discussed in this thread and is hardly ever brought up. I will never, ever, ever vote for any democrat no matter what his or her position. Why? It's very simple. Democrats always, always toe the party line when it comes to appointing judges. Every single bad thing that will happen to hunting in the next few decades will go through the court system. Liberal judges are destroying this country one decision at a time. Presidents, Governors and politicians come and go. Lifetime appointments are for life and far more critical than who is elected. Republicans try to appoint conservative, constitutional judges. Democrats appoint liberal, activist judges. There is nothing more important when casting your vote. NOTHING! Voting for any democrat, no matter how hunter friendly, will result in more and more losses for us.

In the 90's, Bill Richardson promised to protect our 2A rights, then he screwed us over by voting to erode those rights. Martin has promised to do the same. Don't fall for the BS that he is an outdoorsman. He will sell you out in a heart beat to satisfy the left. Any hunter who votes for him should be ashamed. For us or against us!

17-Jun-18
^^^ very true. One thing democrats will do is unite for the cause and will put their own little agenda on hold while they do. That is why they keep winning elections, getting nonsense legislation through, and as mentioned, liberal judges approved and appointed.

Conservatives and sportsmen can take a page out of their book on that one. A prime example is the crossbow use as archery tackle debate. Who cares today - preserve hunting and once it's secure focus on sorting out the smaller agendas...

17-Jun-18
HDE What makes you think that its possible to secure hunting for future generations?

It should already be secure but it isn't. jmho

18-Jun-18
Precisely the point - it's not, and in the most danger when hunter groups bicker about trivial things all the time instead of some of the time.

18-Jun-18
But HDE if we don't have a shit show crossbow thread every other day then we'll surely go insane.. right?

18-Jun-18
Probably

18-Jun-18
I think the xbow debate, along w/ some others, is an internal conflict amongst hunters. Hunting as a whole involves far more than just bow hunters. Like a family, we can have internal issues yet still act as a whole on behalf of our better interest. Will the introduction of Xbows devastate NM hunting? No, will it devastate NM bow hunting? Yes. But again, bow hunters are a fraction of the equation, the odds alone should tell us that.

In the draw gun hunters fight single digit %'s while bow hunters easily enjoy double digit odds. Our odds will plummet w/ the introduction of xbows, but hunting will prevail until "they" decide the ecosystem is in check w/ introduced predators which will likely never happen in totality. Progress is rarely unanimous...The reality is we are conversationalist first and hunters second.

18-Jun-18
My odds already plummeted when I drew Valle Vidal last year and used up all of my "you're one lucky fellow" points.

18-Jun-18
Great comment Priley!

18-Jun-18
I think I used up all my NM luck on VV too.

18-Jun-18
As a positive note. My son who just graduated applied for a national scholarship and had to submit an essay. It was on the topic of technology and the family. He wrote about his passion for hunting, how the whole family hunts together where cellphones and other technology are non-factors. He actually got the scholarship. I was fearful being most educational institutions are liberal that he would get turned down but was pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

19-Jun-18
Congratulations to your son and congratulations to you for raising him.

19-Jun-18
“ One thing democrats will do is unite for the cause and will put their own little agenda on hold while they do. That is why they keep winning elections”

This could be true but then it could be that they keep buying votes with other people’s money. Health care for all, open the borders, free education, marry a gerbil if you want, and let the government take care of your needs. These are extremely attractive to when competing against fiscal and personal responsibility.

20-Jun-18
One thing I’ve noticed when talking to libs/dems is they always seem to come back to “me”, what is the government doing for ME! They want policies and changes to benefit them and their emotions first and foremost above all, not what’s best for the country, economy, nor the (their) future. Instant gratification who cares about tomorrow.

I wish there were more tags so I could get one, but there are bigger objectives beyond me and my wishes, they don’t comprehend that. That’s been my limited experience.... how about yours?

20-Jun-18
Just wait until all the cali. libs. finish immigrating in to NM; ever talk to a cali. hunter?

20-Jun-18
Liberals? Regardless of what state they're from, well........I'll bite my tongue for the moment. My thoughts certainly are no secret. But I will say to a few of you, and you know who you are, stop being enablers! ;)

20-Jul-18
Two more houses of Cali. libs. have moved into my neighborhood since this thread started; I know emigration has severely altered a friend and fellow hunters home town in Reno,Nev. Hang on guys, with all the bs out of the land office and the search for a new commissioner and eplus -- this may turn out to be 'the good 'ol days'.

• Sitka Gear