Ace 16-Jun-18
longbeard 16-Jun-18
Ace 16-Jun-18
Toonces 19-Jun-18
Ace 19-Jun-18
Toonces 19-Jun-18
Zamolxis 19-Jun-18
12-Jun-18
There are 2 choices for taking the self study course now for CT. 1. IHEA program , this has been in place and costs $13.00 2. NRA Hunter Ed Course this is new and is FREE

12-Jun-18
Take the free class, it's cheaper.

I have taken them both, they are both good. Or take my 2 day class in July.

16-Jun-18
Firearms Class July 14 & 21 at Fairfield County Fish and Game in Monroe.

16-Jun-18
What does CEFS stand for?

16-Jun-18
Conservation Education /Firearm Safety.

That is the DEEP hunter safety class required of first time license purchasers. They are offered in Firearms, Archery and Trapping.

19-Jun-18
So is there an option to get the firearms certification 100% on line now?

I have been trying to get my nephews to go but between part time jobs, sports, social commitments etc, its hard to get them to take the class in person.

19-Jun-18
The Home Study option is online, then a 1-day class. Still have to shoot a real firearm.

Most people spend 8+ hours on the online portion, but you can do it at your own pace. The only thing challenging is that not as many Home Study Classes are offered.

19-Jun-18
Thanks, I got my firearms hunter safety certification in the early 80's. I don't think there was a field day when you had to shoot back then. I just remember a couple of nights in the basement of the police station taking a class given by a DEP Game Warden.

19-Jun-18
On July 15 Wallingford Rod and Gun Club has an archery class going on. You have to register online now.

• Sitka Gear