Sheldon road conditions please?
Nevada
Contributors to this thread:
Dave Smith 15-Jun-18
Jims 03-Mar-19
Beendare 06-Mar-19
del_binari 27-Mar-19
15-Jun-18
Hey all I drew the Sheldon Non-resident archery antelope tag. I keep reading that you need at least two spare truck tires? I have a quad for the side roads, but looking at the YouTube vids (lol), the main refuge roads look pretty dang good? I'm I missing something? I've hunted just across the border on the sister refuge, Hart Mountain and also West Beatty's Butte. Hart has decent roads, WBB you could hardly call them roads. I have 10-ply KO2's and icon suspension. I don't have a spare for my quad. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated and ofcourse I'll be glad to help with anything Oregon in return. I'll get there to scout asap, but trying to plan ahead before charging out there unprepared (like I usually do ha ha). DS

03-Mar-19
Sorry I didn't see this post until now. I guess this may help others that may hunt that area. I hope you didn't have any flats. One of the reasons or spares is obsidian. It's a rock similar to glass that can slice tires. Obsidian was on the main and 2 track roads. I had a dirt bike on my hunt and never had a flat tire....fortunately for me!

06-Mar-19
Yeah, I've driven that main Sheldon road a few times- each way....Hauled ass as a matter of fact. I run those Toyo's for a reason.....I've never had a flat on those.

Highway tires on that road and I can see a guy having problems. Tons of cool obsidian on that road.....

27-Mar-19
So how did the Antelope hunt turnout?

• Sitka Gear