FeetDown 15-Jun-18
hunterma 16-Jun-18
EwadeZ7X 16-Jun-18
huntskifishcook 16-Jun-18
FeetDown 16-Jun-18
hunterma 17-Jun-18
huntskifishcook 17-Jun-18
15-Jun-18
Has anyone replaced the straps on their climber stand with a more hiking-backpack-like strap setup with a waist belt? Any recommendations? What do you like / not like about your setup?

16-Jun-18

hunterma's embedded Photo
hunterma's embedded Photo
Camo/padded army surplus arm straps w/ attached waist belt used on rucksacks. Very cheap on ebay, super durable and over engineered, will last forever and very comfortable.

16-Jun-18
What kind of climber do you have?

16-Jun-18

huntskifishcook's Link
I have the exact same straps, that hunterma has, on my summit climber. They work great and are far more comfortable than the straps that came with it. I got mine from the attached link.

16-Jun-18
Thanks all. I have an API that I bought in '07. Horizontal bars. HSFC, which one exactly did you order? The button buck seems like it would work. Price is right on the locknwalk universal.

17-Jun-18
The locknwalk has some nice tweaks added to it, but if money is tight it is pretty easy and cheaper to buy the generic army surplus version and modify it to work on whatever stand you have. I started with the locknwalk on my lone wolf and later bought and modified a couple generic setups on my other stands. Its all about fastening the straps to the stand frame and there are lots of ways to do it.

17-Jun-18
I have the pathfinder model. And hunterma is right, you can definitely find cheaper options, I found out about those options after purchasing mine. I'm pretty sure mine is the exact same one hunterma got from army surplus for alot cheaper, mine just might have a few alterations.

• Sitka Gear