TT-Pi 17-Jun-18
Eastie778 18-Jun-18
Belchertown Bowman 18-Jun-18
17-Jun-18

Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
Chart columns,.. Wind, date, time, trigger by
Belchertown Bowman's embedded Photo
Chart columns,.. Wind, date, time, trigger by
So I recorded two weeks worth of data from my clover plot cam recordings when deer entered the site, time, wind and what triggered the cams... it makes no sense.

So the first day we dropped the cameras on 6-3-18 at 9:20 am. That was after 3 guys finished chain sawing, spraying Buterac, setting cams, etc. Pretty much a giant scent Bomb.

That same freaking day at 7:47 pm a young buck enters the food plot with wind to the East.. The woods are to the east,.. food plot and field to the west,.. the plot run north to south along the woods edge. Same buck again appears at 10:46Pm. The wind was perfect for the deer to smell stinky humans, stay away, but apparently he did not care.

The data also shows no rhythm or reason to any prevailing wind and when they were in the site. The wind is direction is shown to the left. It is in every dang direction when deer are showing up?

At this point my summary findings might be something like this,..

At this time of the year the deer are not concerned about humans to the point where it might affect their movement.

I am interested to see what happens to the data as the season approaches and passes. That will be some fun data indeed!

PS one more thing of note,.. my food block was completely ignored by all deer. The location was watched by one cam an no deer at any time showed any interest in it, they just walked by it. They went for the mineral pile and clover,.. that shocked me too?

17-Jun-18
I tried a food block once without anything interested in it too other than a fisher that liked pooing on it... very cool that the plot is getting so much action!

17-Jun-18
Where’s the pics?

17-Jun-18
Interesting and well documented BB. Impressive! No pattern just yet but maybe when the seasons change it will be more predictable.

I think the deer are getting what they need from all the fresh growth. The mineral pile is likely attractive because it is mostly salt. I have some deer that walk out into the Salt marshes for it.

18-Jun-18
Yeah BB, I've noticed the same thing over the last couple of seasons ,just keeping loose track of the wind and other factors. Other than the predictable early morning/ evening pics, doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the travel having to do with wind, moon, etc. The only other thing I can seem to count on is the disappearing act they pull in late September early October, but that could also have to do with the mineral running out.

18-Jun-18
Ya Pi and Eastie,.. I was actually bummed out by the data. I had hoped to find some sort of magical key to help me out,. like the deer or bucks only enter the food plot only when the wind in X ,.. so knowing that I set my stand here and can gain an edge. No such luck.

At this point,.. all my effort has merely confirmed that I learned nothing,.. other than at this time of the year a food block is a complete waste of money,.. LOL

Spike I will throw up photos/video in the next two week set,.. I redeployed the cams and I plan on posting this data every two weeks. Christ I guess I am going to have to make a spreadsheet at this point. Longer term this paper data sets will not cut it.

Honestly,.. the real info will be right before and during bow season,.. that is going to be the money data for us all, and to see how/if regular patterns change.

Eastie,.. I saw on my first year last year they stopped hitting the salts at another location in August,.. our cams had hundreds of pics that went to zero late summer,.. early fall

• Sitka Gear