Proline 22-Jun-18
Belchertown Bowman 22-Jun-18
Ungie01201 22-Jun-18
Murphy31 22-Jun-18
bigcountry 23-Jun-18
Buckshot89 25-Jun-18
21-Jun-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Does anyone own one or more of the brand Cuddeback Cams? Does the wireless to home feature kill battery life? I can get months off my cams. How long will a Cuddeback last on nice batteries in the field? Which exact model do you own, if ya don't mind?

21-Jun-18
Bb I have this cam. It's not the wireless send to your phone thing but it is a great camera. I change the batteries once a year, but don't even have to. It always had battery life left when I change them. It takes crystal clear pictures and I've had multiple picture of running deer ( fast trigger speed). Swear by this camera. Correction, I have two. One is in the woods in NH, but there is no deer up there so I forget about that one... Speaking of cams I need to get out and check mine!

21-Jun-18

Moons22's embedded Photo
Moons22's embedded Photo

21-Jun-18
Moons Is that a cam where up to 16 cams transmit their photos back to a single home cam? Or a stand alone cam? Dont those linked cams have a antenna?

21-Jun-18
For the money there's way better/cheaper options. Shit, reconyx don't even cost that much.

21-Jun-18

Murphy31's embedded Photo
I've been running mostly bushnells for a bit now, and wouldn't buy anything else. For what you get out of those, and the price. You can't beat them. Here's one of my bushnells vs a moultrie I have.

22-Jun-18
Yes guys you can get cheaper cameras but you have to walk to each camera to get the images,.. I am looking at the Cuddee Link feature that transmits the images all back to a home unit in a daisy chain with each cam within a quarter mile of another.... You just check the main cam and all cameras have wirelessly transmitted their images to that Home camera. No scent at my spots which would be really nice.

My concern is that the wireless transmission feature will eat up batteries and you will end up with a month of battery life, so you end up walking to the cams anyways,..

I was hoping someone was using this system and could tell me that even with the wireless feature transmitting images to Home camera ,.. the batteries still last 8 months?

Maybe I have to ask on bigger form or someone must have already asked that,.. so far searching I have not found that info anywhere?

I also do not trust calling Cuddeback support ,.. they will say "Sure the batteries last long time" I want someone who is using the system to tell me that.

22-Jun-18
I have not used that system. Paste link onto the main page

22-Jun-18

I would love to try it but will not invest that much until i am sure about the battery issue,.. I noticed they sell battery packs you can add on to a camera,.. which just adds to my suspicions,..

Here ya go Moons Link,.. its called their "Cuddelink" system

22-Jun-18

Here is a video review of them,..

22-Jun-18
Definitely a cool concept. Post your question on the big game forum, I'm sure someone in the country has tried it and will give you your answer.

22-Jun-18

I think i found my answered this forum link is 3 pages long but has all the info.

It is from last year and is quite detailed,.. they look a Go,.. I may well buy that four pack and will let folks know.

It would be really nice to stay outta the woods,..

22-Jun-18
I would post your question on the Big Game forum and I think you will get a lot better answers. Guys out in other states where they actually have deer have got to be using them.

22-Jun-18
BB, ditto the comments from Moons, BC and Proline. Put this question to the big game forum. Lots of guys there manage big farms in the midwest or have significant leases etc... Someone is bound to have used the system and can comment on it.

22-Jun-18
I did get my answer the batteries last,.. so the next step is just pulling the proverbial trigger and doing it,..

Still hovering over the Buy Now button! LOL

22-Jun-18
Here's my two cents. Buy cheap cameras that do the job. Every time I set a camera in the woods I figure its 50/50 I lay hands on it again. I have hunted Zone 10 in Mass since 1994 and never seen a buck during hunting hours that scores better than 125". I'd be hard pressed to lay that amount cash out for photos of Mass deer. Moons camera looks just about right. Oh yeah, I had Cuddebacks before. They were very good but one thing I didn't like was when the camera had some years on it I called them to get and RO # to send it in for repair. They told me they no longer serviced the model I had. Havent bought another Cuddeback since. Same thing happened to me with $800 Lowrance fish finder. Never bought another Lowrance either.

22-Jun-18
That 50/50 thing is a good point Proline. Western mass my odds are like 90/10. Just more woods few bow hunters. I dont leave em out for gun season. But your point is well taken.

22-Jun-18
I only use Cuddebacks (other than my one Covert that sends to my phone). I have 6 or 7. Mostly the one or various versions of the one pictured above. They are reliable, the batteries last a looooong time, Pic quality is acceptable and the price is not too bad in my opinion for the reliability. I get 10s of thousands of pics per year on mine. I left one out all gun season and just pulled it a couple of weeks ago and the batters weren't dead yet after the cold and 3K + pics.

22-Jun-18
I'm sure the home camera would eat up batteries pretty good. Unless its bigger than the rest ( able to hold more batteries). You have to realize it's almost doing the work of four cameras. It's getting pics from the 3 other cameras. Uploading the pictures from them, and still doing it's own camera work. And you still have to go out to that camera to get the pictures. If I was gonna go wireless. I'd rather go the route of having the camera send the pictures to me

23-Jun-18
Iv'e got Wildgame & Cuddeback. Haven't paid more that $120 for a camera. Eight or nine I have set up. Never worry too much about checking cams/spooking deer. I leave them out year round most years. I will check more frequently early August just to see what buck have done over the summer. Spray down each time with scent eliminator when we mess with our cameras anytime of the year.

25-Jun-18
BB I say go for it!! Cuddeback makes great equipment. Honestly, I've been waiting for someone close to home to review this system so my "go for it" comment is biased. Do whatever you want man, the reviews seem awesome, and if you have multiple spots close to home its a perfect alternative to running multiple cams. The only thing I am apprehensive about is my spots are heavily hunted and traveled, I've had many theft issues and usually buy super cheap just incase. Definitely keep us in the loop if you pull the trigger.

• Sitka Gear