Moultrie Mobile
Pheasant hunting in SD?
South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
Too Many Bows Bob 22-Jun-18
DR 23-Jun-18
22-Jun-18
Ok, I know that this is not strictly bowhunting, but I'm a bowhunter, seeking advice from other bowhunters whom I would trust more than somebody who is just trying to sell me something. In 2020 my wife and I are planning on touring North and South Dakota. We both want to see the country, we've never been there. After our days together, I would like to spend a few days pheasant hunting. I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for an outfitter as I won't be able to bring my dog.

Thanks,

Bob

23-Jun-18
There are literally everywhere in central and eastern SD. I suppose it would depend on amenities you want, budget and if you want to hunt a few 'wild' birds or not. Fully 1/3 of pheasants taken are pen raised due to habitat loss and of course lodge's having to re-stock for client volume. I've never been to a lodge or preserve but I know a few operations if you'd want to PM me. Look for lodges in areas like Winner, Gregory, Chamberlain, Pierre, Redfield, Huron and west of Mitchell. You may run into booking issues if you want to have it be just the two of you at larger operations.

• Sitka Gear