Buckshot89 06-Jul-18
spike78 06-Jul-18
spike78 06-Jul-18
Buckshot89 08-Jul-18
BQP 13-Aug-18
Buckshot89 14-Aug-18
Will 14-Aug-18
24-Jun-18
well i am one of the many who shelled out the coinedge for the new triax.I picked her up sat ben shootin ever since Love it!

24-Jun-18
Omg i was just talking with guys telling my story.

I was at R&R and unlocked the triax. It was all set up with a loop and a knock. The sales guy guides me along whiles he’s working on someones bow. So i finally get into position with the no trigger pull release. I pull the Triax back and i am stunned. I never pulled back an expensive bow in my life! Little experience with such pricey bows. Remember mine is a 2006 hoyt lasertech i picked up for 175$.

So i am at full draw and go to release the tension not fire it,.. . I relax my muscles waiting for it to jump forward and release,.. and nothing happens? I am still at full draw with no work to keep the bow drawn. I am absolutely gob smack stunned.

I told the sales OMG i have never felt anything like this before!!! I tell my buddy Rich,.. this ridiculous!!! I am ready to buy it!

The sales guy Ken says “oh Grizz was checking that out and dialed it down to 40lbs cause he has a bad shoulder””.

Oh we all laughed my asses off!!!!

I am considering a new bow and will have that bow cranked up to my 60lbs. Will also shoot Reign 6, and a Hoyt see what feels good.

24-Jun-18
Nope.... I refuse to put my hands on a new bow. Won't touch it, won't look at it and I do not want to see someone shooting one. I swore at least one more year with the 2005 Old Glory. I did invest in a new set of strings, limb driven arrow rest and purchased a used 15 inch beestinger and an 8 inch beestinger back stabilizer. I guess technically I have a new bow :)

BTW, the stabilizer setup is awesome. Did a 3D shoot with it and was shocked how steady the bow sat in my hands. Put a quick release on there for the front stabilizer. Makes it so easy to take on and off. It will be my hunting setup. Only 2 ounces up front and four in the rear.

That Triax is a very interesting looking bow, or so I am told.

Pete

24-Jun-18
What camo pattern did ya pick?

Picture please. What setup did ya put on it?

At RR they wanted 999 for the desert version. ie barren no rest site etc!! I was depressed. :/

24-Jun-18
I shot the Triax at R&R and although I’m not a Mathews guy I will say it was impressive. I’m currently looking at Gearhead bows check them out they are sweet.

24-Jun-18
Remarkable prices all around. I looked at those gearhead bows just now, they have one for 2K, and a crossbow for 2300. Yikes.

24-Jun-18
Ever heard of the Ship of Thesius? The story is that a guy named Thesius had a wooden boat, and every time a board rotted, he would replace it. So eventually he got to the last original board. The question is, when he replaced the last original board, was it still the same “Ship of Thesius,” or not? May be a little like that with my bow, and I think I’m not alone. Replacing this and that, changing things here and there—it adds up. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a new one...

24-Jun-18
But it looks like an increased fraction of my bow money will be going to our great Commonwealth...

24-Jun-18
Jeb you can get one for $979.

25-Jun-18
a couple of my buddies bought the Triax and love it. I have a Halon 7. I will stick with that for a few more years. I like a 7" brace height bc my form sucks.

25-Jun-18
Still running a 9 year old Mathews Z7. Two years ago new strings and a QAD drop away rest. Just got new arrows last season. Ruined two of them on a couple hooved animals last fall ;). Still shooting like a dream when I took it out of "winter Storage" in April. I wont put my hands on a new bow because I am a bad impulse buyer.

26-Jun-18
Just ordered my Gearhead bow 20”ATA. They gave me a crazy deal with the backpack. Can’t wait will let you guys know how it is.

26-Jun-18
i got digitil camo lots of gray and white tru glo one pin . 8 in mathews stableizer mathews fall away rest. I bought fmj last year but my other bow could not handle them.well im using them now . I carry a pic on my phone so i can look at it throughout the day

26-Jun-18
Spike, looking fwd to see how you like it!

27-Jun-18
Buckshot... the Z7 is still my favorite bow I have ever owned.

27-Jun-18
Hopefully picking up my new Centergy this week. You guys are right, don't try new bow's, you can't say no!

28-Jun-18
I grabbed a triax in February and love it, haven't shot it in a while because of fishing but can't wait to start shooting it again here and there, then alot end of summer beginning of fall

02-Jul-18
Ungie, I was handed a Mathews bow (Q2XL) for the first time in February of 04' when my dad won a new Mathews bow (forget the model) at the Springfield sportsman's show at the eastern states exposition that year. We brought it to the bow shop, had it cranked way down, and got it tuned for me. I was 13 that year and having practiced all spring and summer and my dad let me hunt our property in VT that fall archery season by myself. Didn't see a deer all of archery, so I didn't get a deer with it until the next fall of 2005 in MA after school one Wednesday, but I remember just looking at it while on stand all the time thinking I had the best of the best. Well fast forward 5 years, I just ran over my handed down Q2XL which I had on top of my bow case on the ground behind my Ford Explorer, I mean right up against the wheel haha yup backed right over it. I was late to work and now pissed off. I'm 18 and have been working for the past 3 years at that point and had some good savings stacked up so I went to B&G's sporting goods in Westfield, MA a couple of days later and put my hands on the Z7 among a PSE, hoyt, and a bear. Mathews was solidified as my bow of choice after shooting that Z7. I never imagined shooting the same bow 9 years later and at this point I'm so confident with this bow I am afraid to go with something else. I held and drew the halon my buddy bought last year and I still preferred my Z7. I don't know maybe I will come to my senses one day and sack up and buy a new bow but "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

05-Jul-18

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo
She has arrived and fits right in the backpack. Can’t wait to set her up. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is a beauty and light as hell.

05-Jul-18
Enjoy it spike. Looking forward to your review and seeing you tag a deer with it come fall!

06-Jul-18
Spike that thing looks extremely small. Cool looking rig.

06-Jul-18
Agreed I never seen a bow like that before,..

06-Jul-18
WOW!! Spike I'm extremely interested in that bow, looks perfect for run and gun tree stand hunting. I looked at the website. It's a shoot through riser design and 3LBS!!! I need to stop, this technology stuff is killing me. I love my Z7, I love my Z7, deep breaths...........

06-Jul-18
Gearhead tells me that little bow shot 318 FPS through their chrono at 27” although with a 300 grain arrow. These bows are able to handle lighter arrows without blowing up. The technology on the limbs is pretty neat as they somehow have rubber on them to make the bow quieter. Looks like it’s wrapped or something never seen that before.

06-Jul-18
Buckshot I can’t remember what made me go on the website but fatal error lol. I was planning on getting another year out of the Elite oh well. I read their are pro shooters winning tournaments with these short bows so they are no slouch in the accuracy dept. The owner of the company won first place with an 18” bow and hunts with it.

08-Jul-18
I am still in shock they have a compact 18 inch design. Hahaha. Crazy!!

13-Aug-18
I started dreaming of a new bow after last season. never thought I would be one to spend all the money on a new bow. big mistake was to start shooting the high end bows. there's just no comparison, my $500 bear bow just wasn't cutting it anymore. oh well it's only money... just put a deposit down on a triax today at reedy's. going to be a lost camo riser with black limbs.

14-Aug-18
I've heard nothing but great things about the Triax. Haven't even read a negative review online yet really. I personally know a die hard hoyt guy that switched to the "darkside" and bought a Triax after he shot one, that's unheard of in the archery world of hunting haha. He's got a 2018 hoyt redwrx carbon rx-1 and now the 2018 Triax. Said he'd lend me one of them this season if I wanted to field test one before I drop the coin, so we'll see.

14-Aug-18
BQP, ditto Buckshot. The Triax sure seems to get nothing but rave reviews. Enjoy it!

• Sitka Gear