bigwoodsbucks22 26-Jun-18
Will 26-Jun-18
fisherick 26-Jun-18
Jebediah 26-Jun-18
bigwoodsbucks22 27-Jun-18
mrw 29-Jun-18
GMC 29-Jun-18
26-Jun-18
Long story short, i just don't like hunting with a finger release. So i am again switching back to a thumb release. The issue i have with my current thumb release, and why i went to a finger release last year, was that i was having a real hard time finding a consistent anchor point with it. So for those of you that shoot a thumb release, what are some of the best ones out there that promote a consistent anchor point and work real well outside of that? Thanks guys.

26-Jun-18
Dan, I'm going on memory, but I'm not sure if any, at least of the regulars, on here use a thumb release. Maybe Drslyr or Shawn... You may PM Shawn (from the MA page)... He's a guru on that stuff. If not, try BBH on FB.

26-Jun-18
Try using a kisser button with the peep sight. Or switch to a tab and fingers.

26-Jun-18
Chris Reed says if you put your nose on the string, with a peep, it solves all anchor point problems. Maybe that’s common knowledge, I don’t know.

27-Jun-18
I don't use a kisser, just wasn't a big fan of it. I do the nose thing though which Chris also taught me. Don't get me wrong, I shoot okay with it and do "shoot" consistently. Its just the locking the knuckles behind your cheek that doesn't feel the exact same every time. I guess I should probably just pick a few of the better ones out there and try them all since everybodys cheeks and knuckles are different and will anchor slightly different.

29-Jun-18
What's a peep? Is that like visual training wheels?

. . . . . . . . . .

(just jokes ladies, nothing more to see here)

29-Jun-18
Look up John Dudley on YouTube, he has some great videos and articles. I used to shoot a Carter target 3 and his methods helped me tremendously.

• Sitka Gear