Treeline 26-Jun-18
txhunter58 26-Jun-18
JohnMC 26-Jun-18
Treeline 26-Jun-18
txhunter58 26-Jun-18
Hossfisher 26-Jun-18
ZachinCO 27-Jun-18
26-Jun-18
Heading up to Colorado this coming Friday and have not received my elk tag/ fishing license. I called the Denver office and asked what I should do if I don't get my license before I leave because I will be fishing next week. They told me to print out the receipt that shows the elk/fishing license receipt and take that with me. That would serve as my license until I receive the real one.

26-Jun-18
You can also stop at a license vendor and have them print you out one. Walmart can do it

26-Jun-18
I think that costs? Maybe $10?

26-Jun-18
To replace a lost license it is half to cost of the original cost. If it is a fishing license or a combo hunting/fishing license you can buy a second rod stamp and get it replaced that way. We learned that last year when pheasant hunting and a buddy lost his. We went to the Brush office and they sold him a second rod license for $5 and is was less expensive than replacing. I think that was the first time I had seen a government employee do something that made since for the tax payer.

26-Jun-18
It’s not issuing you a replacement if you have paid and not received it. Take the print out and tell the clerk you have not received the license from CPW yet.

26-Jun-18
Why? The CPW said the receipt is good enough. No need to get an "official" license. My receipt shows I paid for an annual NR fishing license. And I would bet any place you take the receipt to is going to charge you to print one out. Why would Wally world do it free? I doubt I would be able to stop by a CPW office during business hours

26-Jun-18
txhunter, Just take copies as that is what I do. See this thread as Aspen and I discuss what we were told: https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?forum=5&threadid=453520&MESSAGES=13&FF=5 Where are you heading? I usually hit the San Juans over father's day with the grandkids but the 416Fire cancelled my plans this year. Wish you some good luck fishing!

27-Jun-18
txhunter58, taking a left at Walsenburg?

Sorry, couldn't help myself....

BTW, I always just bring my printout for waterfowl when I first start hunting, I never buy that one in advance.

• Sitka Gear