spike78 28-Jun-18
TT-Pi 28-Jun-18
Notme 28-Jun-18
TT-Pi 28-Jun-18
27-Jun-18

spike78's Link
This is rediculous

27-Jun-18
Will see what happens. I'm happy to pay a bit more tax dollars for a law like this. Well, at least the concept. I haven't read the bill, so I'm just going on the link's broad description.

27-Jun-18
Electric chair will fix him

27-Jun-18
How about this, you rape a child and we'll let you choose the method by which you'll be executed. That way we never even have to have the discussion about what to do with repeat offenders. There won't be any.

28-Jun-18
Anybody who is against stronger penalties for these animals needs to experience the process. 1st- respond to the victims needs and listen to them while transporting them to the hospital. the cries, the words of self blame, all due to the the physical and emotional pain. 2nd- what the nurses, doctors and victims see and experience while being treated in the ER. Processing rape kits, treating physical injuries, often the victim is alone in the room with no one for support. 3rd- what law enforcement and the victims experience when interviewing them , imagine asking the victims to re-live the experience so they can explain what happened. Often it's multiple times over a period of time. 4th- the trial, sitting feet away from the person who committed these crimes against the victims. 5th- the victims living the rest of their lives with the psychological, and physical pain. Remember these victims range in age from infants to adults. I personally don't think death is appropriate for the guilty. There suffering is over upon their demise, but it continues for the victims. Solitary confinement in a hole would be a start. We must start holding people accountable for their actions, in an appropriate manner.

28-Jun-18
Choose the method of castration and a permanent tracking device, accountability, therapy and a good long time behind bars. Then if a qualified shrink or 3 gives the ok , a group home of other reformed criminals to monitor the sex offenders. I'm sure there would be volunteers.

Or keep them on an island such as California...

28-Jun-18
Spike , Which part is ridiculous? The release of a pedophile or the call for more laws/procedures at our expense. ?

28-Jun-18
Pi what I find rediculous is the laws the libs pass vs what they shoot down. They make no sense what’s so ever. I really think they are for the losers of society and no one else.

28-Jun-18
Can't argue with that. Today it occurred to me that there are two basic approaches to problem-solving. Hence the great divide. From big to small and from small to big. Conservative and Progressive.

Conservative representatives want to work out a problem through logic and reasoning from big to small and the other side wants to make policies based on the extreme from small to big. The problem is that second way doesn't work.

What we are left with is one side trying to reason with irrational people. Doesn't work.

28-Jun-18
Maybe they should bring back this oldie but goodie

Sewn Into A Donkey istock-174971629

If you’re looking for cruel and unusual forms of torture, you don’t have to look any further than ancient Rome. Take, for instance, a torture that was described by both Apuleius (The Golden Ass) and Lucian (Lucius, or the Ass):

A donkey would be killed, its belly sliced open, and the entrails removed. The accused was then stripped of clothing and stuffed into the animal’s belly. The belly was stitched closed, leaving only the accused’s head outside, preventing suffocation but prolonging suffering.

The donkey’s body was kept in the sun. It would begin to decompose—with the living victim inside being cooked by the heat. Maggots would crawl all over the accused, and vultures would peck at the animal’s decaying flesh. Death, while welcomed, came slow for the victim of this torture

28-Jun-18
Two considerations. (This is a very ugly subject and brings up strong emotion in all of us.)

1: imagines being innocent but being found guilty ... Not likely, but it could happen.

2: child abuse (Direct or neglect) is most often learned and passed on.

• Sitka Gear