Rut Nut 06-Jul-18
tobywon 06-Jul-18
Rut Nut 06-Jul-18
Deer Processor 22-Oct-23
Rut Nut 23-Oct-23
28-Jun-18
Does anyone know of any Deer Butchers in Pike County near Milford

28-Jun-18
Steve at Prime Time Meats is reasonable, BUT you have to skin the deer. He won’t take any with hide on. I am in the process of searching for a new butcher because many times when I get one up here, I don’t have time to skin it.

29-Jun-18
Thanks, RN I think if I am going to skin it I might as well butcher it. Any do you know in the Bushkill area? I am in Dingmans.

29-Jun-18
I don't think there is any in Bushkill. None, that I can think of anyway.

29-Jun-18
I don’t know of any down that way. I heard of a guy up off of Twin Lakes Rd. And another just over the Del. river in Barryville NY. Might not be too far depending where you are in Dingman’s.

05-Jul-18
Just passed a Deer processor on Rt 739 about a mile & a quarter below Rt 6. Know he has been there for about 2 + years (or possibly longer) Never used them but they have stayed in Business that long. Could not stop & get number, had a %&*#$ driver on my butt. Possible option, will try to get back up that way in next couple of days to get more info.

05-Jul-18
Not much help here since we do our own, but I've seen the sign that Ursus is talking about. If I may hop on this thread, I would like to get some good taxidermist recommendations for the area. I cannot bring a deer head back to CT since PA is considered a CWD state so would need a local option especially if my son gets a decent one for his first season as a Junior hunter.

06-Jul-18
Bob- you mean up towards Wallenpaupack? I never come down that way(I stay on Rte 6), so haven't seen it. I'll have to check him out sometime.

tobywon- Dave Clark Taxidermy in Matamoras has a good reputation. I heard he just moved across the street to a bigger building, but haven't stopped in there yet to check it out. Also just found out there is a taxidermist moving in next door to Silver Birch Archery across from Apple Valley in Milford. But don't know how good he is.

06-Jul-18
Yes, we were kayaking/fishing in Shoholo lake & on way back decided to drive that section of Rt 6 then turn down 739. Also stopped on Alice's wonderland. Never knew a outdoor shop was in that area. Very friendly & knowledgable folks.

06-Jul-18
Thanks Perry, Matamoras and Milford would be perfect locations and will have to check them out.

Ursus, Alice's is a great place and top quality outdoor clothing and footwear. Great people as you have seen too.

06-Jul-18
Bob- you never knew about Alice’s Wonderland? They’ve only been there since the ‘50’s! ;-) (same)Family owned and operated. Great store.

22-Oct-23

Deer Processor's embedded Photo
Deer Processor's embedded Photo

23-Oct-23
Where are you located Josh?

• Sitka Gear