Topgun 30-06 29-Jun-18
HiMtnHnter 29-Jun-18
wyobullshooter 30-Jun-18
TreeWalker 01-Jul-18
Jims 02-Jul-18
larv 14-Jul-18
Topgun 30-06 15-Jul-18
29-Jun-18
I realize this is a bowsite and this is a rifle hunt... We drew a 68-1 tags for this fall... I am looking for general information on travel, camping, and knowledge of the area for gas stops, possible freezer/locker space? Look forward to spending some time in Wyoming! Chris

29-Jun-18
There are none of the above that you mentioned anywhere near decent driving distance as 68 is really out in the boonies. Take all the gas, water, food, ice, spare tire(s) and fixits for flats for however long you plan on hunting or you'll be losing a lot of valuable time driving, rather than hunting in what is a great unit that took at least 8 PPs to get a tag in the Regular Draw. You can camp anywhere within reason on the BLM , which comprises almost all of 68.

29-Jun-18
The place at Muddy Gap is about it for that area.

30-Jun-18
As already stated, population areas are few and far between in 68. Not necessarily a bad thing, just takes more preparation. As HMH pointed out, you can get gas/groceries/ice at Muddy Gap, as well as Jeffrey City (putting the word City in the name was definitely someone's idea of a joke!). lol! Your biggest concern will be water. Bring as many of the 7gal containers as you can. There should be meat processors in both Rawlins and Casper. Best bet would be Casper, since it's better than double the size. As far as them letting you store meat, that isn't a given. Each processor is different, so I would highly encourage you to google each town and make some calls. If you can make arrangements prior to your hunt, you'll be light years ahead. Best of luck to you!

01-Jul-18
Sent PM.

02-Jul-18
I would bring a couple extra jugs of gas and water with you. Also a shovel and possibly chains. If it gets wet that country can get muddy.

14-Jul-18
We drew lope tags for 76. Anyone have any info they'd care to share with me about that area? We'll be hunting in October. Any towns close by for supplies or meat lockers/ Thanks in advance!!

Larv

15-Jul-18
Thermopolis has anything you would want along with the famous Hot Springs right in town to end a hard day in the field. Here is a place to get your goat taken care of: Wind River Processing 183 Ln 5, Thermopolis (307) 864-9331

• Sitka Gear