Sosso 05-Jul-18
Belchertown Bowman 06-Jul-18
Jebediah 06-Jul-18
Belchertown Bowman 06-Jul-18
Buckshot89 06-Jul-18
Sosso 10-Jul-18
BRUMMM 10-Jul-18
29-Jun-18
So I have been to Guzik motors (a jeep dealership) in Ware several times over the last couple weeks. I drove all sorts of jeeps. Took em home for several hours for the Lady to check out.

They are much more comfortable to drive then I was thinking,.. I am talking about the 4 door Wrangler,.. larger jeep. It seems dang nice in all areas except the road noise and wind noise (with a soft top?) is audible with no radio or gabby passenger. If either the AC or radio was on,.. it was fine.

Christ sake, driving way up high, above everyone is crazy ,.. unlike my Mustang. The ground clearance is crazy,.. just not a fan of the soft top,.. the back cargo window to get to your gear , with a zipper, is a failure point,.. hard top would be better.

Anyways after driving around Jeeps I would say I love em! Maybe I am used to a sport suspension on a Mustang?,.. dunno. I didn't drive the short Wrangler,.. no room.

PS mileage was 17.6

29-Jun-18
BB did you not listen to a word we all said lol. Whatever you like buy it man.

29-Jun-18
Hard top for sure ( T top ) you have the front section(s) off in a minute. Less noise, better in the cold, more secure... Forget the rags. Good luck, I love mine and would also rather have the 4 door. Like my daughter has... Dang Kids.

29-Jun-18
Spike78 X2, if you have your heart set on it buy it.

29-Jun-18
If you buy one, a jeep is a two door vehicle with a soft top. Put it away for the winter and Hard tops suck.

29-Jun-18
you don't need to choose a hard top or a soft top. You need a hard top and a soft top and a bikini top and a wind jammer and a deck lid. Its ok your new to this.

29-Jun-18
StillH,.. i will research those words,. Is a bikini top for real or are ya pulling my bow strings,.. lolol. Yes i heard of it ,.. but have no clue,.

Spike ,.. ya bad. ,, lol,..

29-Jun-18
You can get a scilicone lubricant spray for the soft top zippers and compressed air. I highly both to keep the soft top and windows in good shape.

There are dozens of plans and videos you can find online showing you how to build a dolly for the hard top. Enjoy!

30-Jun-18
BB, I would do anything for you. But, if the dog bites you do you go back to pet it ? These guys warned you about the jeeps. BTW, please tell me the Mustang is an 8 cylinder.

30-Jun-18
Sorry for my bluntness. Had a couple beers last night?? Stillhunter is right you'd be very happy with all three of those tops. I couldn't imagine riding around in the summer with a hard top though. The whole allure to that vehicle is getting that top off in summer.

30-Jun-18
Pro- The front sections of the top are removable which gives enough open air for me. I like that option. I Sold the soft top right away and never regretted it.

30-Jun-18
So I went down to West Springfield today to check out more Jeeps at Beterras,.. Pretty much to make sure the one I like in Ware is in the proper price range. ugh they hold their damn value they do!!!

They still seem awesome,.. soft top is part of the fun,.. have to agree there. No issues with bluntness Pro,.. honestly ,.. I expect all of you to be blunt,.. we seek honest opinions and answers here on this forum. Least I do.

What is really amazing is the versatility of a jeep,.. all these weird things you can do with them. They are like Transformer Cars,.. Mods galor, roofs galor.

I checked out the Rubicon but dont really seeing myself off roading alot so the extra money is not really worth it to me,.. getting up my crazy driveway in the winter would be nice though!! LOL Mustang does not do too well with that chore. LOL

I think I am getting it tomorrow,.. this is a second vehicle for the house I am keep the mustang as it is paid off,..

Xi,.. yes of course,.. its a beast!

30-Jun-18
It is funny how all the different views on the same topic about Jeeps are here,.. we are all different in what we like,.. this thread proves it!

Makes the jump off the cliff,.. Spike Yells,.. "Noooooo!" LOL

30-Jun-18
Enjoy it BB. But if you post a deer pic this fall in the back or on a carry rack... and not in the mustang... well, not cool man, not cool :)

30-Jun-18
BB check out the Jeep place in Chicopee too. That’s all he deals in.

01-Jul-18
like everyone said if thats what u want buy it. just for refferance tho my 18 2500 ram 4 door diesel averages 19mpg

01-Jul-18
I wish my 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited got 19mpg

01-Jul-18
BTW My 2016 Tacoma V6 AT OR pkg gets 17-18 mpg pulling a boat. 20+ mpg around town and 23-24 mpg highway. YMMV. Congrats on getting a new vehicle you enjoy.

05-Jul-18
Well its all over now but the crying,.. LOL

OMG this vehicle is awesome! Maybe it will be a dog and break frequently but hell its a beast right now. Love it, great ride, comfy, storage, seems built like a tank. Appears unstoppable,. was driving down a snowmobile trail and there were down trees "of considerable size", Looked at it and said "Dunno?" but this is why I bought a jeep,.. put it in 4L and climbed up and over at a snails pace,.. The Jeep was like,.. "Really? Is that the best ya got?" Seriously it a zombie Apocalypse vehicle,.. what a crazy roll cage inside. I am wondering what exactly the limits are on this thing going over shit? Be a bad day when I find those ! LOLOL

An Iraqi Vet owned it, did a bunch of nice upgrades,..

Like I say maybe it has hidden problems I am unaware of but the thing is freaking great at this point. Haven't driven the Mustang since we got it. Course the newness will wear off.

Pretty cool being so up high too when driving,..

It is definitely BAD ASS! And I am sure at some point I will say hate that particular thing! But over all if anyone is questioning ,.. like I was ,. go test drive em. Don't automatically listen to naysayers or folks who owned jeeps 10 years ago. So far it is kick ass,..

05-Jul-18
Now for the plow...

05-Jul-18
BRR (Bowsite Rules and Regulations) Section 3.7 Paragraph C requires that you put a plow on it.

05-Jul-18
All so not pics it didnt happen. And stay off the snowmobile trails

05-Jul-18
Let's see it!

05-Jul-18

Belchertown Bowman's Link
Here ya are Moonz,..

So here is the story guys,..

My fiance and I were like,.. she needs a new vehicle (you will see why in the video),.. My Mustang is paid for for a while. I said to her you know you want to spend X per month on a car and although you can get a ok car for that,.. If I match it "we" can get an awesome vehicle and we share it. Plus you get to runabout in a Mustang if ya want.

She and I were like can we find one we both agree too? So I stepped up and said how about a Chevy Silverado,.. my buddy just bought one and I was excited about the suggestion. She said "Umm,.. Ya, no that will not work. " I slumped my shoulders and realized this would probably be tougher than I thought. Trying again and thinking this will not work either, I suggested a Jeep,.. she said Ya I could see myself in a Jeep. She is ex military ,. so I can't give her any shit, LOL. Anyways she was like ya Jeeps are bad Ass.

She said to me,.. "So when ya go hunting with the buddies and there is lipstick in the pockets you OK with that? I said Oh yes Sweety!!"

Hence how we ended up 2016 Jeep owners,.. Man they hold their value, damn it!!

Here is video going over it,..

05-Jul-18
Very nice B.B.! Hope she is reliable. I like the color!

05-Jul-18
Congrats on the new Jeep and good luck. BTW we still want to see a deer in the front seat (mustang) this season.

05-Jul-18
Spike, you meant the Jeep, right :) he he he... just messin with you BB! Enjoy it!

05-Jul-18
If i get a deer i swear to god on my honor its coming out in the Stang. I can say that safely cause i am not likely to get a deer.

Cross my heart Will. Lolololololol

05-Jul-18
Congratulations Mr. Bowman. Same color as mine. Don't know if you know this but other jeep folks will wave to you. It's a Jeep thing...

Secret Handshake will be taught at your initiation ceremony, bring lots of change and purple sneakers.

05-Jul-18
BB, it would be, truly sad, if you put the deer on a rack behind the jeep :)

05-Jul-18
Sweet ride bb. And nice wood pile! Gotta be prepared for the winter!

05-Jul-18
The only issue I would keep an eye on is developing the “Death Wobble”. If that happens, you need new control arms, and a new track bar or track bar bushings, best to go all out and get something solid after market. It’s an easy fix.

Other than that, I would SERIOUSLY recommend that you power wash the hell out of the underside then go nuts with the StopRust.

Other than that, enjoy. Customize your heart out!!

Insurance is cheap on the thing isn’t it!?

06-Jul-18
Nice advice Sosso,.. what is your recommended spray for that process and once a year or more? Maybe before winter salt?

06-Jul-18
Concerning the waving thing—40-50 years ago, there was a thing where people with a VW bug would beep the horn to each other. Pretty neat. I tried to start a thing where Tacoma drivers would flip each other the bird, but gave up after getting my arse kicked about six times.

06-Jul-18
Ya but at least out here there are soo many Jeeps,.. I never realized it until I started looking them over then started noticing so many,..

I am just sticking a plastic hand on the dash on a spring base so it just constantly is waving at the never ending procession of Jeeps that go by,.. that should do it? :)

06-Jul-18
MY buddy put a decal on his that says "don't wave, I wont wave back". LOL. He's an insensitive A-HOLE that hates people so def one of a kind haha. Hell of a hunter though and it does work however.

10-Jul-18
I usually do it twice a year, before and after winter. It's kind of a losing battle. Please see post above about zipper care. Believe it or not, THAT will be your primary issue/area of focus. Get yourself a Quadratec catalog and go nuts, or not. But before you do anything, on an 80 degree day, drop the top and take the doors off if you haven't already. It's the best thing about a jeep.

10-Jul-18

BRUMMM's embedded Photo
BRUMMM's embedded Photo
Sweet Jeep! OIIIIIIIO My Favorite color! :)

• Sitka Gear