Contributors to this thread:
Nickada1212 30-Jun-18
bowbender77 30-Jun-18
Nickada1212 30-Jun-18
Nickada1212 30-Jun-18
StickFlicker 01-Jul-18
30-Jun-18
Good Afternoon,

I am a liefeling hunter originally from New York. But I moved to Flagstaff Arizona last fall so this will be my first year hunting in AZ. I just bought my first OTC archery deer tag, but when I purchased it I was never asked for a specific zone. Does this mean that you can use this tag anywhere as long as that area is open during the archery non-permit season. Thanks for any info!

-Nick

30-Jun-18
Yes.

30-Jun-18
Okay that’s awesome thanks!

30-Jun-18
Okay that’s awesome thanks!

01-Jul-18
The state allows you to take one buck (Coues or mule deer) per calendar year. Your OTC tag is good for the entire month of January (if you bought it before then), the August/September hunt, and the December hunt. Different parts of the state open and close during each of those seasons (mostly statewide in Aug/Sept, but mostly desert units in the lower 2/3 of the state in Dec/Jan hunts). You can hunt any open unit during any or all of those time periods, but you can only take one deer per calendar year. If you also apply for a rifle tag, you can still only take one deer per year. So, if you you apply for deer in June, get drawn for an October or November hunt, but kill one in September with your OTC archery tag, your rifle tag is then void since you can only take one deer per year with any weapon. Feel free to ask any other specific questions you may have, and I'll do my best to answer them. Marvin

• Sitka Gear