Brooktrout59 01-Jul-18
Proline 01-Jul-18
Tazman 01-Jul-18
Brooktrout59 01-Jul-18
Belchertown Bowman 02-Jul-18
01-Jul-18

Brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Brooktrout59's embedded Photo
Read about home made targets in Big Game forum and thought I would give it a try.

First I purchased commercial grade sand/ feed bags as the covering material. Then saved all packing material from Amazon etc deliveries. Compressed it down and stuffed it in the Bag. It stops arrows well but is so light needs a backstop and is not very pretty.

Second attempt I used old T-shirts, towels, rags , even old suits. Worked much better, but like bag targets occasionally arrow gets stuck and have to twist field point off to get it out.

Then my wife, the one with the brains(and beauty), in the family, suggested while cleaning out a closet, what about your old wheelchair seat cushions? Brilliant- I get a new cushion every year and saved all my old ones. Bingo- honestly guys beats the Block by a mile. Here is a picture of three inside 2 feed bags duck taped tight.

01-Jul-18
Look up targets made from that pink foam. Easy to make and works well.

01-Jul-18
I used the shrink wrap material that they use on pallets for shipping. Roll it into basketball size balls and stuff it in the target frame. Cloths attracts bees mice and snakes.

01-Jul-18
Shrink wrap is great idea Ma Bow- assume you made your own frame? Oak, Pine? How Big and what covering?

Spike I use Foam only wheelchair cushions, not fan of gel or air cushions. Foam is real high density- at 20 yards arrow does not even go through first of 3 cushions. Prohibitively expensive if I had to purchase them and not insurance. About $450 a pop.

01-Jul-18
Their was a thread awhile back on the foam and I thought it was cheaper then that?

01-Jul-18
I am sure you can find similar layered foam cheaper. Anything medical is 10 times more expensive then it should be. Don't get me started on that! But I have all these old cushions I will probably never use so getting them out of the closet makes my wife Happy and saving $100 on new Block makes me happy.

01-Jul-18
My target is 4x4 made with PT I used chicken wire on from and back. I used 1” foam board from Home Depot it comes in 4x8 sheets cut it in half Then you have a replacement layer down the road

01-Jul-18
My target is 4x4 made with PT I used chicken wire on from and back. I used 1” foam board from Home Depot it comes in 4x8 sheets cut it in half Then you have a replacement layer down the road

01-Jul-18
I know nothing about this but what about a spray expandable foam,. The even have dense foam if ya wish,..

01-Jul-18
Hey BB you may be onto something. I am sure cabelas and basspro targets are just spray foam- just have to figure out a way to spray into a box and then remove it!

01-Jul-18
I've done so many bag targets it's crazy. Hands down the best filling has been nylon screening and the plastic that shirts are wrapped in at the dry cleaners.

01-Jul-18

Tazman's Link
Shrink in a box easy and cheap.

01-Jul-18
Really cool Tazman- I am sure your Box/shrink target could easily be made waterproof.

02-Jul-18
There is a great variety in spray foam,.. some are really dense. They are harder to find,.. but my guess is that is what you would want.

• Sitka Gear