Blade 02-Jul-18
Bowhuntinnut 03-Jul-18
Fauntleroy 03-Jul-18
cnelk 03-Jul-18
dkbs 03-Jul-18
txhunter58 04-Jul-18
txhunter58 04-Jul-18
02-Jul-18
My son drew a limited archery elk tag. Theres a wildfire burning in his unit. I read the hunting regulations and it states he can get a refund or preference point restoration, but not both, as long as its done more than 30 days before season opens. So if he goes for the restoration and not the refund, does he still have a archery elk license to use in OTC units or is the Non-Resident fee, like $600plus just lost. He believes its just lost. Thanks in advance.

02-Jul-18
You can exchange a license, but I believe then the points aren't restored. Which fire is it? It may not be a huge factor 3 months from now. Worth a call to clarify the license issue.

02-Jul-18
If the fire is that bad then they will probably make exceptions

02-Jul-18
If you want the money you don't get the points and if you want the points you don't get the money. Either way he would have to buy an OTC license.

02-Jul-18
If you want the money you don't get the points and if you want the points you don't get the money. Either way he would have to buy an OTC license.

02-Jul-18
Contact CPW (Colorado Parks and Wildlife) at (303)-297-1192

03-Jul-18
That unit is HUGE! I sure wouldn’t be returning that tag because of that fire! But on the other hand maybe i can pick up the tag after you return it!

03-Jul-18
What Deadhead says is true. You can get either or but not both. It sounds like he's leaning towards turning it in, and if that's the case he'll have to purchase another OTC tag if he so desires. I'd wait to see what the fire does. At the very least wait until he's 30 days out from the season opening to make a decision.

03-Jul-18
And as of today, that's 23 days from now

Decisions, decisions

03-Jul-18
Thanks for the replys, at least he'll know his options. I know he'll probably keep the tag and watch what the fire does and plan accordingly.

04-Jul-18
Couple of years ago, I turned back in a muzzy elk tag and purchased an OTC archery tag. My hunting buddy did the same. I wanted my points back, so I lost the price of the tag, and then had to purchase another tag at full price. My friend, just exchanged the muzzy tag for an OTC archery one and lost his points.

04-Jul-18
double post

• Sitka Gear